cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we create forum like discussion using WEB DYNPRO ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a object to log claim through WEB Dynpro ABAP.

Now under this claim, we need to add functionality of negotiation discussion between our client to vendor just like forum.

Vendor will negotiate to our client and also client will reply on this mail. Again vendor will give answer on that mail. That will continue till the negotiation completed. All the discussion should be remaining there like forum.

Can you please give any idea how to reach that functionality using WEB DYNPRO ABAP?

Thanks and Regards

Srimanta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srimanta,

It is possible to create such forum like discussion in webdynpro.

• Create one table which saves the all the communication history, the table should have following fields.
    • <Some Key field like Vendor number>
    • <field to distinguish if the user is Client or Vendor>
    • <User name who saved it>
    • <date>
    • <rawstring field type which saves large date in binary format>
  • Create 2 similar nodes with the above attributes, add an extra attribute with TYPE as string.
    • 1st one with cardinality 1-1 and another one with cardinality 0-N
  • Create 2 groups, Group_1 & group_2.
  • in Group_1 create a Form using wizard for all attributes in the node with cardinality 1-1 except for the RAWSTRING attribute, Bind the String attribute to a Text EDIT instead of input field.
  • .When the user clicks Save, convert the String data entered above in the text edit into RAWSTRING using the function module "SCMS_STRING_TO_XSTRING"

• Now for displaying the form like display of previously entered comments do the following
  • In the INIT or MODIFYVIEW method fetch all the data present in the table which is saved previously into node with cardinality 0-N
  • Using the function module "HR_KR_XSTRING_TO_STRING" convert the saved RAWSTRING data in the table into string and save it.
  • Select Group_2 and insert Multipane screen element.
  • Bind the Node with cardinality 0-N to DATASOURCE.
  • Select the MULTIPANE screen element and create FORM using the Node with cardinality 0-N.
  • As the data saved previously saved need not be edited so we can either make those fields readonly or insert TEXTVIEW instead of TEXTEDIT
  • Your view will be like below
  • Similarly when the user enters some data and save in the first Form that data needs to be binded with the Node with cardinality 0-N aswell.

Hope this solves your problem

Please confirm if this is helpful or need detailed information

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Thank you for very helpful input on this. We will try to make a prototype using your way.

Will get back to you soon if further discussion require to achieve this requirement.

It would be better if you share your mail id to communicate directly further if require.

Thanks and Regards

Srimanta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dk99633@gmail.com

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srimanta,

What you are trying to achieve is a full fledged object to be developed. If you want to develop this forum type object in web dynpro, I think as Keshav pointed out it would be a creative task. You should go ahead with the development & ask questions here if you got stuck in some functionality. I my self will also try this object for practice & curb my creative curiosity.

To begin with you can explore the functionality of dynamically loading UI element or a set of them OR you can also create the set of UI elements in terms of boxes like in a forum. Now, you can hide & show the number of boxes as per the current conversation going in particular thread. So basically objective is to dynamic load UI boxes to converse on the click of buttons & store the latest updated information in Z-tables.

Please let me know how the development work is going.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This is very interesting mail. Thanks for this.

Anyway, our client requirement is to create forum like discussion(read negotiation thread) with our existing object which created by web dynpro. We have a field claim system in portal. Till now they use it to maintain objection id. Now they want to extend the same. They will be creating a negotiation id and give some Title and body text and press send. And it will reach to vendor. Now vendor will reply in the same way. whole thread must be displayed like forum.

Since I don't have such exp. neither in web dynpro ABAP nor in Java at all. We have different team to develop the same. We will only give them the design.

We have already discussed that we can store the text in custom table and whenever application is open, we will show the latest one. But this is the last option to do.

Any help would be appreciated on this.

Thanks and Regards

Srimanta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srimanta,

Something creative you are trying to achieve.

In my views you can use normal table display, take comments as row items of table which will be stored in the data base table. For every ongoing discussion, table will display all the comments and once the discussion is over set its status in Db as completed.

Can play with the ui elements to display in table.

Happy Coding.

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Thanks for your suggestion. We already thought in that way if there is no other alternative to store the forum discussion. I actually wanted to have an idea through which we could met our requirements. I don't have JAVA background. I could see using java we can reached same requirement. Is it not possible through WEB Dynpro ABAP?

Thanks and Regards

Srimanta

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have a Enterprise Portal, you can make use of the Collaboration Rooms for the purpose of interaction.

Regards,

Sharath