cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me configure Change request management !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am Going to Configure Change request Management, so just to ensure that the configuration is not erronous, i would need Expert advise..

Just want to know Clear few things before i proceed..

I am also refering SPRO and related notes

Scenario :

I have two SYSTEMS SAP ECC 6.0 with System id R03 and Soluiton manager with SYSTEM id SOL,

R03 has 3 clients, 300 600 700..

In R03 300 is the development client, 600 is quality client, 700 is the production client.

SOL has 2 clients, 100, 200

With 200 as the production client.

Q.1) <b>Do i have to configure CHARM in both the client (100 and 200 of SOLMAN).</b>

Q.2) Initially I had tried to set CHARM in client 100 of solman, but later on realized that it has to be set up in client 200.

When i logon to client 200 and Execute IMG activity Spro-> sap soltion manger->basic settings-> sap solution manager system->activate integration with change request management.

Then by default it take the previous client ( client 100) as the change request management client.

( as we know there are three steps in the above activity ), the other activity are executed properly, only prblem being that the default client is always set to 100, which should not be the case).

I do get the prompt saying ( "The change request clent is set to clent 100, do u want to change to client 200, on clicking yes, still it is always set the same client 100 as charm client ")

<b>Plz let me know what do i do to set the change request client to 200??</b>

Q.3) Regarding TMS, we have local domain controller in solman and local domain in R3.

We are planing to establish domain links between the two systems( ie both the domain controllers) ??

Is this the right strategy ??

<b>Any other method that u can recommend ??</b>

Q.4)One of the IMG activity says, Generate Destinations to client 000 of all the domain controllers..

Whenever i do this these, destinations are created with errors, i am not able to create trusted RFC destinations without errors.

When i logon to satellite domain controler and excecute sm59 there are 2 destinations created Trusted and BACK.

These destinations works well,

but when i logon to Solman, got to sm59 , when i test the TMW and TRUSTED rfc destinations i test these destinations using Remote Logon i get error,

" no authorization to logon as trusted system"

I went thru one note which recomended Kernel upgrades to solve the problem,

I r3 my kernel relaese is 700 with patch level 56, the note recomends to apply patch 80, did u have these problems??

<b>what is your kernel patch levels in sateliite and solman systems.</b>

Q.5) TO be able to raise tickets from R3 to solman we create RFC destinations.

We also create RFC destinations to client 000 of all the sateliite system,

<b>dont u think these RFC destinations might interfere with each other??</b>

Q.6) Is there anyone who has successfully configured CHARM. Can you plz share the configuration documents with me..

Please note :

<b>All the contributors would be handesomely rewarded with points .</b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suzzanne,

I am facing the same problem as your original question 2.

Namely I want to change the Charm Client, but once it was defined in the spro, I couldn't change it any more.

How did you solve that problem ?

thx

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I found the solution in Note 802793 - Reassignment of the Change Manager to client copy

Steven

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this

Note 128447 - Trusted/Trusting Systems

For your Q4.

Q3.)

Establishing Domain link - That's the right way. Go ahead.

These are the steps.

<b>1.Define Transport Routes for System Landscape</b>

assign exactly one development system to a production system, and that these two systems are connected by exactly one unique transport track. If a development system and a production system are connected by more than one transport track, this may lead to inconsistencies within the transport distribution. This type of transport configuration cannot be supported by Change Request Management, and may cause inconsistencies within the tools involved.

<b>2. Activate Extended Transport Control</b>

The CTC parameter should be '1'

<b>3.Configure Transport Strategy</b>

Deactivate the QA Approval.

<b>4. Activate Trusted Services.</b>

5.Activate Domain Links.

You have to activate domain link between systems.

6. Generate RFC Destinations to Client 000

Hope this helps.

feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ragu,

We had used some other note which was relevant in our case

We had also gone thru the note u mentioned obove, we found the rite note and according to that note we have upgrade Kernel levels.

May i please know your kernel versions patches in satellite systems and in solution manager??

Can you please share the configuration documents of CHARM.

My Email-id is suzanne_dsouza@rediffmail.com

Configuration of CHARM is more of basis activity, and i am an abaper.

plz help its urgent.

Message was edited by:

Suzzane Dsouza

Message was edited by:

Suzzane Dsouza

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hey,

sent you a mail. I am a bit held up here. will soon answer all your queris.

--Ragu