cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff. btwn Form Template & Table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Wat r the differences between Template and Table(if possible with example)? Pls. list out.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SAP SmartForms, templates (from template node) define the format of the columnar output but they are just structures which can used to set how the columns in the output are placed. Whereas as tables actually contain rows to hold data. The Template contains a fixed number of rows and columns, where the output is fixed. The Table can have variable number of rows

The application data is selected in the application program and transferred to the form using the form interface. In contrast to the template node, the table node has another tab called the Data tab. On this tab, you enter the internal table whose data is to be output. The data is read to a work area in row format.

The table layout is determined using row types (this is same for templates).

A header area (for table headers), main area (for items of the table), and footer area (for whole sums, or similar) are table output areas. Table rows are created as subnodes of these areas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ThanQ. OK. So, I can take the Address components as a Template(I knew that, already SAP provided this Address template as a standard, just for understanding I am quoting here), other wise y dont you give me a example(like adddress) for template? I understood table.

ThanQ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP provides a special node for addresses called ADDRESS node, this has nothing to do with templates.

For example I have included here picture of LB_BIL_INVOICE smartform which prints invoices. In the main window you can see there are templates as well as one table nodes. The templates are used to print fixed legal texts like terms of payment which will always not exceed more than a fixed number of rows of output. On the other hand invoice items have to use table node so as to print variable number of rows.

<a href="http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/7965/lbbilinvoiceil8.jpg">Image from LB_BIL_INVOICE smartform</a>

Best regards,

Vishnu T

Former Member
0 Kudos

ThanQ. Pls. reply for my other thread i.e. differences between Form interface and Global definations?

ThanQ.

Answers (0)