cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Maintenance of Output Cols in Script Based Calculation View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We've a scenario, wherein we are having a script based Calculation view wherein we are calling a graphical calculation view.

We would like to keep the same output cols in Script based CV as well.

In that case, do we need to manually add may be 200 fields in the output columns of Script based calculation view, assuming we've around 200 fields in graphical calculation view?

In this case, are we not increasing the maintenance work.

Waiting for your expert opinions.

Thanks & regards,

Jomy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jomy,

Create a Graphical Calculation view as a base table  and then on top of it write a script calculation view. This way you do not have to deal with manually scripting for numerous columns.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

Can you show or explain me what do you mean by this?

I didnt get your approach.

Thanks & regards,

Jomy

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jomy,

I am sure you must be having a very good reason to implement Script based calc view. If so, then you need to define the output structure for the script based calc view with all the required columns. Unfortunately there is no way around.

Although, you can simply the effort by XML editing, but you cannot avoid the development and maintenance effort.

Second option is to look into the requirement which is prompting you to create the script based Calc view and try to implement it with workarounds in Graphical calc view.

One more thing, if you have 200 columns then I will not recommend the use of Script based calc view as script based calc view may not provide column pruning and it is likely to have negative impact on the performance.

Regards,

Ravi