cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass uploading of payment terms field in customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to update the payment terms  field with a default value. The total customer master records to be updated are around 96,000( ninty six thousand).

which is better MASSD or LSMW?

regards

Pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are much comfortable with LSMW process and then I suggest to go with LSMW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pamela,

If you comfortable with LSMW, i would suggest to go with LSMW.

If in the future similar requirement comes it would be easy.

XD99 is also ok,using XD99 you will need to do little bit of MS excel work

you need to set filter in the excel based on the Payment term.then copy the customer in XD99 having similar payment terms

Just for your information

Tcode XD99

Object would be KNA1

Click on the  field and then search for KNB1-ZTERM if you want to change the company code payment terms

If sales area data payment needs to changed  then search for KNVV-ZTERM .

execute

then enter the values in the customer field

upon you requirement select the company code or sales area

execute

in the new values on the top enter you payment term that needs to be applied

and the carry out mass change by clicking on the mass change icon

I would prefer to do LSMW as these will be useful in future and it is very quick to prepare, if the requirement comes again.

Thanks and Regards

Amit L

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pamela,

Pamela Pilch wrote:

Hi,

We need to update the payment terms  field with a default value. The total customer master records to be updated are around 96,000( ninty six thousand).

which is better MASSD or LSMW?

regards

Pamela

My recommendations goes for LSMW since the set of the Customer Master record which needed to be updated is huge and SAP has provided better error management process through LSMW...

Thanks,

Sarthak

kyusufzai
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Pamela,

You can use both Transaction. You can try XD99  and use KNB1-ZTERM field.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use the T.Codes MASS or XD99 for uploading payment terms in Customer master records.

Regards,

Krishna.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope Payment terms vary from customer to customer and also as per the sales area

as suggested by Members you can Follow either of them but XD99 is perfect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.if you want to change all customers into one certain payment terms, MASS is ok, if change customers into different payment term, use LSMW.

2.if huge of customer, please use LSMW because sometime we will meet error during update and LSMW you can restart from the last one you updated successfully.

Thanks

Liu jian

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This can be done in XD99. If there is standard Tcode for this then why to go for lengthy process like LSMW? LSMW is for when you cant do that with MASS or XD99. Try this with XD99 and update.

Thank$