cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Attribute KATR1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to understand the use of Customer Attribute as I can see in my companny at KNA1 ZW ( NPO Wholeseller)

What it signifies. I can understand this is customised, but if you guys could throw some light on it.

I have refered how to configure by search but want to understand the purpose.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

These fields are used to add new classification criteria when you don't find any standard field for some requirement and before to enhance new fields with badi CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA and you can use these fields in lists, enhancements or for instance in pricing, accounting determination or output (you can enhance the determination of output, pricing or accounting with new fields: see for instance SAP Note 531835 - Using field PSTYV in the condition access or SAP Note 32662 - User name added to new condition table)

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

I know when I am reading it, I feel I can understand, but as shown in the slide, not sure what would be the so special requirement which could not have been fulfilled with standards.

Now If I want to see IF ANY code is written behind ZW, where can I see ?

Why I am trying to analys this?

Because this customer is a SP and few orders were not recieved at one plant.

Means out of 10 about 1 or 2 were not recieved by the plant.

so I have taken for the same sales area and sales document type on the same day

seen for the same customer out of 10 , 2 were not recieved.

then I started comparing the SP in KNA1 and found this field which is assigned only for this.

now if because of this field 2 were not reicieved ? is a question because other 8 were gone.

but however I want to see the code if any for the field ZW.

Thanks,

Venkat.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Usually, when you do this, in the blueprint I explain what is the meaning and why I create these records in these fields (and where it works: userexits, transfer to COPA and so on), ie: what is the gap in the standard and becuase I can't use other field.

I suggest this: look for in your customer VOFM (with the help of Note 327220 - VOFM function and its objects, in point 2.2 namespaces) if you are using this field.

If you are using it in determination of output type, accounting determination or pricing, look for in structure KOMK (search also in KOMP although I doubt you find it here). Look for also for ZZKATR1.

As last resort, look for with dictionary tools, for instance, for data type, write KATR1 and look for where it is used

Look for in your range name objects (see SAP Note 16466 - Customer name range for SAP objects).

I suggest to look for in all type of standard modifications (userexits, VOFM, enhancements, BADI, BTE, implicit enhancements, ....).

Search also in infosets (ABAP query) in tcode SQ02.

If you don't know ABAP, work with an ABAPer.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo