cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAE Archive 7.1 - how deleted archived messages from SO? -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have configured XML DAS to archive AAE messages (PI 7.11) and scheduled archive job. Adapter engine archive job is archiving messages successfully and we can display these archive messages using runtime workbench -> Archive

All OK...

We have chosen to configure store to a AIX FileSystem, and now we want to  know how to manage the growth. I have deleted manualy some messages  from SO AIX but they still appear from the RWB, and when we clic over them we get an error:  ...... java.lang.Exception: XML DAS GET command failed with ErrorCode: 598; ErrorText:  598 GET: Error while accessing resource; response from archive store: 598 I/O Error java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/sap/PID/javaarch/archive/usr/sap/pid/x

Is there any way to delete messages without generating errors / inconcistencias?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208404
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Deleting the messages manually will always result in this error. Once you delete the file manually from the file system the reference to that file still remains in the PI system. So it would be best let the PI system handle the deletion. I guess the way you configured your archiving, similarly you can do the same for deletion.

Sharing a link below for the same -> http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0afdd69-a8a7-2d10-7e9a-cbf6fa21c...

Hope it helps!

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek Ranjan

Thank you for your answer

In my limited knowing, there is not similary way to deleted messages that already stored (archived) in FileSystem (Aix) from PI.

PD: your link is for ABAP case and no apply here.