cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio 2012 and ASE 15.7 ADO.NET using SDK 15.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

ADO.NET question: What is the process for getting ASE 15.7 to show up as a data provider in Visual Studio 2012? Is it available?

In trying to create a datasource using the entity framework wizard, the ASE provider does not show up in the list.

I have the EBF 21611.

Registry settings?

PATH settings?

I am running a windows 7 64 environment for Visual Studio.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darcie,

We have a CR (Change Request) 728251 open with Engineering to add this to our installation/registration process.

There is a way to workaround this and I can provide the information.

It requires 4 registry files that need to be imported into the system you are developing with. These add items in the registry so msdev (visual studio) 2012 will recognize the Provider.

I plan to write a KBA on this as I do not know when the CR will be resolved.

Since I do not want to attach registry files here, it might be easier if you open a case and we can deliver them to you that way OR you can ping me here to find out when the KBA is ready (I will attempt to create it today). After I create the KBA I will provide the KBA here in this posting.

Cheers,

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

Where on site is the ability to open a case? I  can't seem to find a way.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thx,

Darcie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darcie,

I'll work on the KBA today.  In the meantime, since I am still new to SAP (from Sybase side) you can start at the SAP Service Market Place:

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~SAPIDP/002006825000000234912001E

I don't knwo what sort of support plan you have or if you came in here via SAP or Sybase side.

After I create KBA I will post it here.

Cheers,

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darcie,

I've created the KBA: 1920705

Please check it out and let me know if you are okay with it.

I've tested it again and it works for me.

Cheers,

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi paul,

i have this error when i m trying to générate my entities,

Adaptive Server cannot perform the requested action because column ’%.*s’ is not within the scope of the joined table expression. Check your command for missing or incorrect database objects, variable names, and/or input data.

Explanation: Command failed due to invalid or illegal request. Check syntax, semantics, and permissions. Take any corrective action indicated by message.

i'm using vs2010 and sybase ase 15.7

thanks for helping,

regards,

foued

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Foued,

I need more details. The error is from the ASE Database server.

I think it is best to start new dialog since your problem is not relevant to the content of the current thread.

For starters what are the exact versions of ASE, The ASE ADO.NET Provider and what version of Microsoft VIsual Studio and Entity Framework are being used here. What exactly are you doing to get this message?

I will be on vacation all next week.

Cheers,

-Paul

Answers (0)