Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Doc Not passed to Accounting, Failed Credit Card Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am hoping someone has some insight here.  My situation is as follows:

• Sales Contracts are interfaced from Siebel in high volumes, with unvalidated customer credit card data
  • Authorizations and Billing in SAP result in a large number(4000-5000 per month) of failed authorizations, and corresponding billing documents failed to pass to accounting because of this same reason

The end users wish to reprocess those same contracts, but pass the billing to accounting as terms A/R, not with credit card data.  This is quite cumbersome as the billing docs need to be reversed, contract credit card data updated(limited), and billing to be performed again.  In a system that processes nearly 30,000 unique contracts a month, doing this manually is not an option.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience dealing with this situation?  VFX3 and VCC1 do not solve any of the problem because the billing documents are blocked. 

thanks

Nathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, see  SAP Note 914603 - FAQ/Collective note for payment cards (Consulting/modif), there are a lot of notes related with troubles in authorizations. Use them as a checklist to research solutions.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is always better to initiate action  proactively rather doing post operations.  Having said this, it is better to control at the invoice creation stage itself.

To achieve this, try with USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP in program RV60AFZC in such a way that as and when billing documents are generated, system should validate the field FPLTC-AUTWR and if any value is there, system should not allow to save the billing document over and above this value.  On the other hand, if it is zero, system should strightaway not allow to create a billing document.

Coming to the issue of already generated billing documents, either Business Finance team should increase the credit limit of that customer so that the billing document would be posted to FI or reverse those billing documents and recreate.  Business has to take a decision.

G. Lakshmipathi