Did you mean: 

Fatal Error: Unable to create transaction instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using MII 12.2.3 Build 177

We encounter Error like:Fatal Error: Unable to create transaction instance

(Its not often but irregular)

Is this known issue? Is there any note/patch to resolve the same. Please share your experience or thoughts if you think if could be occuring because of some irregular NW setting which can be changed to resolve it.

Thanking You

Regards

Ruchir

former_member741156
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I think I may have the solution for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw your posted comment. Please raise a new question and follow our rules of engagement: https://community.sap.com/resources/rules-of-engagement. I suggest using the "I have a similar question" option under the question to get started. Feel free to take our Q&A tutorial at: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html. With these tips you'll be able to prepare questions that draw responses from our members.

Best,

Your SAP Community moderator

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can restart SAP instance and check.

Can you specify is this happening in all your BLS trx or any one particular trx?

If it is on specific trx , can you please tell what that trx is performing like is it connection to ERP through JCO or any other system.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member453678
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I think I may have the solution for this.

According to my analysis, the error comes only in Sub-Transaction calls(Transaction in a Transaction). The reason although unknown, would be because we usually call another BLS txn in another one by copying it pasting on the sequence and that type of transaction call is persisted in our MII memory and due to some reason it fails on run time.

Recently got this error on SAP MII 15.3. Below are the steps which I followed:

1. Changed the Transaction call type to Dynamic Transaction Call
  2. Select Persist Transaction as "Never"

Above steps worked for me and solved the error : "Unable to create Transaction instance".

Regards

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anant.. Thanks Padma..

We checked logs but couldnt get anything useful. As result we terminated the running trx .. it was not a scheduled job but on click call to ECC via PI Service.

It is a random behaviour - not happening everytime but have occured once/twice..hence wanted to check if any note/patch helps on it.. I observed some similar issue was seen in 12.1 and corrected later...

As Anant pointed out.. sometime if trx is running and overlap happens- then we see such issue of instance cannot be created.. are there other behaviour observed where we encounter such error. Any setting anywhere to prevent it/anything such that we can come to know of it automatically to minimise aftermath..

0 Kudos

Hi Ruchir

Can you elaborate it little more as in when is this error occurring. Java version you are working on, may be you can see the Java console log when you load workbech etc.

Regards

Anant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

I am on Java 6, version 33... It is observed during runtime of application. Usually seen if some trx is struck running for very long. 

Regards

Ruchir

0 Kudos

Hi Ruchir,

I tried finding some thread on this but couldn't find anything. Normally this error would occur in scheduler when a run is scheduled for the transaction and by that time the last run is not complete, if this is happening in the scheduler, you may try these

1. Check nwa logs for information
  2. Run the trx manually via workbench and see if it runs fine
  3. Change the recurrence timings of the scheduler (the pattern)

I had encountered this error long back and it was solved by doing trial and error in the schedule timings or the pattern of the transaction.

If the trx is stuck while running then please terminate it first and then do the trials

I hope this would help you.

Thanks

Anant