cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Afaria client

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am setting up 3 Afaria environments DEV, QA and PROD. One of the requirements is Custom Afaria client.

Do I need to get 3 different custom Afaria clients? or one is good enough for DEV, QA and PROD environments.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Reddy P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I dont think 3 Afaria system necessary, DEV and PROD is quite enough. I guess getting  different Afaria clients will make you to maintain Afaria server etc. easyly.

Regards

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

Is it mandatory to get different Afaria clients to each Afaria Environment? Please suggest.

thanks,

Reddy Pat

0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

If you are using preconfigured Afaria Client then you would need to have different clients for each server. Because preconffigured Afaria clients contains settings specific to afaria server and will not work with any other server.

If you use default provided clients for your test devices for DEV/QA (which is not required) and point to these servers manually.

For Prod system, i would suggest to use preconfigured clients which has everything required and nothing would be required from user side.

I dont think i need to mention that you cant have two afaria client on one device.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As everyone already inform you the concept of DEV , PRODUCTION  , QTY is not applicable for Afaria.

As per the requirement you going for DEV and PRODUCTION .

For custom client as per my knowledge you will required only 1 custom client for both the server. Reason in custom client from your end you can only change GUI & logos. So i believe only One client is enough for your both server (DEV and PRODUCTION.)

0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

In custom client, you can also prefill configuration details i.e. channels, etc hence i believe PROD system will definately have different channels then QUAL hence i believe 2 custom clients are required.

Also, per client (per device) you can connect to one server only. 🙂

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for the information

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all I am thinking is there any concept like dev, qtly, prod in the case of Afaria.

Afaria is a mobile device management tool, it is not a database like SAP to maintain different servers in dev, qtly etc. I don't understand what requirement made you to keep 3 Afaris servers.

- Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Midhun for you response.

To simplify things we will keep 2 Afaria environments DEV and Prod.

Again my question,  is it mandatory to have different custom afaria clients to DEV and Prod environments?

Please suggest.

thanks,

Reddy P