cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make multilevel configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We have worked with SAP Variant configuration for approximately 2 years for creating sales prices. Recently we have started creating full configuration models (i.e. with SuperBoms and SuperRoutings attached). However, we are facing the problem that the variables in the construction can't always be placed on the top level (=on the level represented in the SuperBom). It is my impression that we could solve the problem with multilevel configurations, however, the SAP consultant we are working with who has taught us how to make single level configurations has warned us that is it really complicated making multilevel configurations and that we should refrain from working with that.

He might be right but I would like to know more so I can make my own impression. I have googled multi-level configurations but with little result.

Can some of you give an explanation of what it takes to make them, where to learn it if it becomes relevant (live in Denmark so preferably some relevant information somewhere on the net?), and what the downsides are of using multilevel configurations rather than singlelevel.

Thanks in advance!

Christina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christina Nielsen,

Your SAP consultant suggested you correct thing.

When ever you go depper in configuration it start getting complex.

But at the same time, i can see business requirement like, Configurable engine inside a configurable CAR.  and there are Lots of Multilevel configuration project implemented world wide , so if you want you can get experianced consultant even from SAP.

I am not sure about Denmark , but you can contact SAP for this training, and i am sure they can arrange it for you.

Let me know how if can help you more on this topic.

Thanks

Ritesh