cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-Press Example-Programming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo!

I'm trying to realize the excample from a sap java programming book.

I created a table, an EJB-Modul-Project, a Web-Modul-Projekt and an Enterprise-Application-Project.

The example application should be available at http://[server-name]:50000/employee/view now.

But I retrieve the following error code:

[code]503 Service Unavailable

Application cannot be started!

Details:

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Application sap.com/EmployeeEar cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource TMP_EMPLOYES_DATA with type javax.sql.DataSource, which is not active on the server.

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.processUsageOfComponent(ReferenceResolver.java:512)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.beforeStartingApplication(ReferenceResolver.java:341)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.beginCommon(StartTransaction.java:161)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.begin(StartTransaction.java:130)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesOnOneServer(ApplicationTransaction.java:290)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesImpl(ParallelAdapter.java:303)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.runInTheSameThread(ParallelAdapter.java:112)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesAndWait(ParallelAdapter.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeNestedParallelTransaction(ApplicationTransaction.java:565)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.UpdateTransaction.finalActions(UpdateTransaction.java:564)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhases(ApplicationTransaction.java:330)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.makeGlobalTransaction(DeployServiceImpl.java:3028)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.update(DeployServiceImpl.java:579)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.dispatch(DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.java:1278)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:291)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:183)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:119)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.UnorderedChannel$MessageRunner.run(UnorderedChannel.java:71)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:94)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:162)

[/code]

This is my first experience with the Developer Studio and I don't know how I should solve this problem.

I deployed the table and the EAR to the server.

TMP_EMPLOYES_DATA is an alias, defined in the EAR.

Can someone help me?

Do you need more information?

Thanks

Lg Carina

Message was edited by:

Carina Schwab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carina!

First of all It would be helpful to know which version of the Java Server e.g. NetWeaver you have installed.

It seems that the data-source alias that you deploy with your application is pointing to a data-source that is not started yet. Maybe you can post the contents of that XML file.

Best Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed the Web AS Java 6.40 from a DVD which is part of this book in which I found the example.

This is the File "data-sources-aliases" which is in the EAR:

[code]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE data-source-aliases SYSTEM "data-source-aliases.dtd">

<data-source-aliases>

<aliases>

<data-source-name>${com.sap.datasource.default}</data-source-name>

<alias>TMP_EMPLOYEES_DATA</alias>

</aliases>

</data-source-aliases>[/code]

In the "persistent.xml" File of the EJB-project I found

[code]<db-properties>

<data-source-name>TMP_EMPLOYES_DATA</data-source-name>

</db-properties>[/code]

So I changed TMP_EMPLOYES_DATA to TMP_EMPLOYE<b>E</b>S_DATA. I found the mistake in the book, I'm ashamed I copied it without thinken ...

But the error didn't disappeare. Can you tell me what I have to do? It seems that saving, building and deploying the projects again isn't enough.

Greets

Carina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carina!

Somehow there is a problem with you data-source-alias. Maybe it will help if you take the Visual Administrator and check your JNDI-tree if your data-source alias appears there.

However, it might be more promising to you to re-post this problem in the forum. The Java EE 5 @ SAP forum is focussed on the installation and usage of the Java EE 5 Edition of SAP Netweaver that you are obviously not using.

Best Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy!

I re-installed the Server and the Studio on an other pc and repeated the steps. This problem disappeard.

I have an other one and I'll post it in the Java Programming forum.

Thanks for the hint.

Best Regards,

Carina

Answers (0)