cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commit work in Wed Dynpro Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a huge Web Dynpro component, which uses several other web dynpro components.

When I for example press a button, a popup with the window/view of a used component is displayed and I can do some changes there. When pressing save on that popup, it is doing some INSERT / UPDATE statements and close the popup of the used component afterwards. When back on the main web dynpro component view, a db commit work seemed to be called, as the inserted/updated data is finally written to the db and committed.

I thought, that Web Dynpro has also the transaction concept, which means, you start a transaction and just when closing the whole application or sending a COMMIT WORK, the modified data is going to be written. but it seems, it's always calling a COMMIT WORK also after leaving a used component.

Does anyone have an idea how to keep the transaction all together in this case? It should not commit any data that has changes in used components, before I call an explizit COMMIT WORK.

Thank you very much for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

farooq_basha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

After you perform action, check some place some method will be calling which has business logic of INSERT/MODIFY/UPDATE statements wil commit work to DB.

If you want to controll the Commit work, then u can control like this, as per standard Webdynpro controller there is no auto commit work happen. So please try to debugg or slowly check any method is calling on the action which you perform or else check in WDDOINIT METHOD.

Thanks and Regards,

Shaik Farooq

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Commit is not in control of web dynpro framework.

You need t control it it in the relevant assistance classes.

WDynpro - is an UI framework. It allows you to display data in SAP system. Now, how to handle the data receieved by user, is the headache of the abap functions/classes.

Regards,

Sharath