cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Header Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The requirement is to add soap header authentication at the Receiver adapter. Is it possible to modify the WSDL to include authentication manually in SOAP envelope and use the structure to  map  in the graphical mapping and send it to webservice by checking  " Do not use send envelope"  in the Receiver CC.

or

to use AXIS adapter

or

to use JAva/ XSLT mapping .

Which one is the right and the best aproach ?

Thanks and Regards

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks amit..

Inaki,

Thanks for sharing your inputs.. We are good with the XSL method. But i am curios to know if we can use adapter module in the receiver end to achieve the same result and do you think there is any advantage over XSL/ JAva mapping  ?

Also, Alternatively, Can we modify the XSD to add soap envelope and then use Graphical mapping ?

Thnks

Krishna

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

we can use adapter module in the receiver end to achieve the same result and do you think there is any advantage over XSL/ JAva mapping  ?

From my point of view, adapter module you will get reusability and to obtain a more generic procces. If youn need to develop these kind of scenarios sever time i would use an adapter module. If it's an special scenario i will bet on XSL development, because it requires less effort.

an we modify the XSD to add soap envelope and then use Graphical mapping ?

I can't percieve any problem with this option, although i dont like so much, because any schema change in the future implies to remind to change this schema, i'd rather maintaining the wsdl vendor and not to make any transformation.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It's is possible to use AM, but the only downside with AM is that sometime they are hard to maintain (in case u have NWDI so that won't be much of a issue) and on the other hand debugging/changing/updating xslt/java mapping code is little bit easier

>>Also, Alternatively, Can we modify the XSD to add soap envelope and then use Graphical mapping ?

IMO, not a good option and  has already explained u the reason for the same, and in addition to that i think it could be little bit tedious.

Instead of that u can do ur mapping in two steps: first step will be ur graphical mapping where u will perform ur actual mapping and in the second step i.e. java/xslt mapping u can simply add soap envelope. U can also also refer below article:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80104882-c7a8-2f10-c3a3-81f182917...

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u guys for clarifying my doubts that will allow me to select tthe right approach

Best Regards

Krishna

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

What is your authentication method?, is it supported by SOAP Axis adapter? (Basic, Digest, NTLM, SAP Assertion Tickets), although you can insert an arbritary header tag (Example q. 42 SAP Note 1039369 - FAQ XI Axis Adapter)

From my point of view you can create the SOAP authentication header by XSL (i'd rather XSL against java mapping if the xml transformation is easy, it's easier to maintain) and later check "Do not use send envelope".

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

IMO, use java/xslt mapping....

Thanks

Amit Srivastava