cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety stock in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using Safety stock in PPDS with Safety stock as virtual safety stock (i.e under MVM we have safety stock as 2).

During heuristics run safety stock creates purchase requisition.

Purchase requisition doesn't peg to safety stock. Thus safety stock still shows as a deficit requirement and the Purchase requisition shows as sulprus.

Next planning run safety sty stock doesn't create another  purchase i.e it considers the existing Purchase requisition as receipt without pegging to it.

Now as soon as the purchase requisition is converted to purchase order safety stock doesn't consider the purchase order as a receipt element and creates another purchase requisition. (Purchase requisition to purchase order conversion adds some characteristics though)

But when we use safety stock in live cache i.e 3; Purchase requisition pegs to safety stock and converting the purchase requisition to purchase order; purchase order still stays pegged to safety stock and no further purchase requisition is created.

We don't want to use Safety stock in live cache. Any idea how to get virtual safety stock consider purchase order as a valid receipt element.

Thanks

Regards,

Amlan C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

From your description of the issue, it looks the requirement element when it exists in liveCache, is retaining the pegging relationship when the PR is converted to PO(as we would expect).

However, for the virtual safety stock element, it considers PR and but not the converted PO.

Your scenario may have many receipts and requirements elements for any SKU.

Did you happen to check if already existing PO (not the one converted from PR to PO) just created as a surplus order in ECC, is considered by the PPDS procedure to show as meeting the stock.

You might have already checked the category groups.

I have seen that any receipt element (unless it is pegged to some other requirement) is being considered by the virtual stock element and it creates a new receipt proposal only if the receipts do not cover the safety stock requirement.

I think this may be an issue of the PO object, not be detected by the PPDS heuristics  as a receipt element, as available for the safety stock.

Regards

Datta