cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

syndication file splitting issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During automatic file process via MDIS and MDSS i'm facing an issue, some times the output file is getting splitted into 2 parts and generated as 2 output files..

Example:- 5000 records are there in Input file.  While syndicating these 5000 records are splitting into 2 output files with 2500 records each. I want these 2 output files in 1 Output File.

This is not happeneing everytime, Only some times. If I process the same file agian in MDM then it syndicates in 1 Output file only.

I configured Parameters like this:

Suppress unchanged records=Yes

Max Records per Output file=0

XML File Output=Single File (All Records)

and the PORT Map also like this

"Processing type=Automatic"

"Processing Interval=Continues".

Still I facing the Same problem.

can any one help me to find out the root cause for this problem, even when i have configured all the parameters correct. why is it happeneing only for few files and that too occationally.?

MDM Version I am using is : SAP MDM 7.1 AP06 (7.1.06.254). Any help ASAP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

The issue is because you had set Max Records per Output file=0. Change this 0 and set the number to 5000. But please see that, doing this change will make all 5000 records in one file which may cause a slight delay in the processing of the syndication.

Also this will hold good only for 5000 records. If you have 5001th record that will be sent in a separate XML file. Take care of this as well.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

I agree with Thamizharasi, changing map property Max records per Output file to 5000 should get you one file with data equal to or less than 5000 records.

Only exception to this can be in case where there are many remote keys, it may be overridden then.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our case we dont want remote key to be overridden. I was not able to replicate the issue in development system, This issue occurs once in a week or once in ten days randomly, not only for 5000 records but it occurs even if the input record count is 2500 or 3000 or 2000 records.. by increasing "Auto syndication task delay which is right now 10, if i increase it to 50 or 60 will it work out? or is there any impact if we increase it?"

thanks

vinoth

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

As you say increasing the syndication task delay may help the files getting syndicated in a single file. Also please check of your files on those days where they are getting split up. There are chances that if the file size exceeds a certain limit they will be getting split up this way.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Thamil, may i know where can we check this limit?

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just check the file size in your outbound archive folder. That will give you the details. SAP recommends files of 200MB size. We have faced issues when the file size exceeded 400MB. If you can and if it is possible for your requirements you can change the settings for these two options which will suit you.

Max Records per Output file=0

XML File Output=Single File (All Records)

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

There is no bearing of "Auto Syndication Task delay" on number of records.

If you are confident there is no Remote Key Override used please do the following -

1.Take both the files and note the Primary Key.

2.Check for duplicates.

3.Pick the duplicate ids and check in MDM its remote key and other entries.

If possible,please provide a snapshot of  field mapping.Please come back with findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were not able to track or find the root cause, so a temperory fix is given from ETL to pick the files in delayed intervals from the outbound folder. Any other suggestions is warmly accepted to fix the issue.

thanks

vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

I would suggest that you should give a try to set Auto Syndication Task Delay to some higher value say 60 or 90. MDSS will then keep on aggregating the files for 1 min or 90 seconds(as per setting) and then will syndicate all the records at once in 1 file.

There might be the case that file coming in during import is huge and MDIS is importing files in chunks and hence different time stamp is updated for records coming in same file. Since your syndication task delay is small, so MDSS might be syndicating the records and then next set of records are being imported and then syndicated in second file. This could be 1 explanation for the issue which you are facing.

So i would request you to test this thing while keeping the process of picking up file after some delayed interval in place so taht normal business activity is also not affected. Please let us know accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush