cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting SMQ1(OUTBOUND Queue) using CRM source system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

can i delete outbound queue that is SMQ1 using CRM source system?

if yes what is the measure i need to take while deleting the queue? any safety measure i need to take ?

what is the main purpose of deleting the outbound queue?

the same way what is the use of SMQ2?

thanks for your suggestion and help

thanks,

anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

SMQ1 - Never delete by manually. you can clear them by using proper methods as per the data source. if you delete directly then you may get data inconsistent issue.

Can we know why you plan/thought to delete SMQ1.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suman, ram,

actually in my CRM system i was deleting this queue because of CRM space issue.

once if i delete this queue in CRM source system space will be cleared.

whenever i want to delete queue i will be using se38 program RSTRFCQDS

and giving proper date selection and deleting it i.e.

in my CRM system -> smq1->

please advice me , normally i will be deleting the more entries which got occupied.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

If you have any space issue, then need to take basis team help. accordingly they can suggest to proceed the steps or OSS Notes.

SMQ1 is just like mediator which pass data to further from base tables. those data automatically will clear when proper jobs was trigger. as my guess this there will be some spool request which occupying the memory issue. you can check this spool request/list at SM37 as per the background job.

You can observe the same for CRM related backend job and check it.

Go to SM37, find related job, select and click on job step. below screen will you get. go on Spool request(column will be filled) then as per the memory issue. you need to delete this spool request (which i had experienced in my previous project)

for which queue your deleting?

once you deleted q queue have you got any data issue form bw team?

Thanks

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you never loose delta records after deleting the queues with that program?

If no, then you can continue deleting with the same program. Otherwise, you should follow my previous reply.

SMQ1- Outbound queue, means the data is ready to send to other systems like BW.  The data comes from base tables to Outbound queue. From there to RSA7.

SMQ2- Integration engine .  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-36367

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ram,

we have deleted spool requests already with the help of our basis team .

until now i didnt get any kind of data inconsistancy after deleting the queue.

in the above mentioned screenshot i want to delete 2 ,3 ,4 queue respectively.

can i delete? give me your suggestion.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check my reply..

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems like ok in your case as of now you didn't faced any error about data.

Seems like 2,3 and 4 are related to master data loads and would be full loads. if full loads, then, Yes you can continue with same steps which you done.

KamalMehta
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand ,

Its not advisable to delete Outbound Queues manually. As suggested you should always try to clear it by running the V3 jobs in LBWE.

Check the Targets system of these Outbound Queues if they are related to your target bw system then check why are they getting failed . Ist because of connection error , overload, system error etc.This can happen in future as well so deleting without analyzing is not the solution.

Also check we have an option of reorganising them in SM58 . See if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suman,

just check with note and it is clearly describing that the se38 program RSTRFCQDS will delete only UNPROCESSED LUW QUEUES only like that.

that is why am having doubt and in that note they have not mentioned full update or delta update queues.

pls clarify me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ram

just check with note and it is clearly describing that the se38 program RSTRFCQDS will delete only UNPROCESSED LUW QUEUES only like that.

that is why am having doubt and in that note they have not mentioned full update or delta update queues.

pls clarify me.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

As you said, its processing unprocessed luws means those need to transfer to target side. right.

If first time those not processes then we need to rerun the backend job to move to further. if second time also no moved then we can clear by using above program. thru selectively we need to reload.

One thing tell me, as i said above 3 data sources are full load? if yes then you can go and delete it. there is no issues with those.  when ever we run we get them on daily basis.

You can delete it. if we get any data issue need to reload thru selectively.

Thanks

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is dangerous to delete "Unprocessed Queues". These are nothing but delta records. Since begining, i have been saying not to delete the queues either thru program or manually. You should always clear the queues by running delta infopackages in BW. Please follow my very first reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ram,

2 of them are full load and 1 is delta load.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check my latest reply..

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Full loads are no problem.but for delta you will face problem. Actually this activity need to taken care by source or basis team about memory issue. Why your doing anand.

Full loads you can delete them. for delta don't do.

Ask basis team to check to delete old logs or housekeeping activities at CRM system to get memory free space.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ram,

we have very less experienced Basis person and suffering a lot with performace and slowness issues.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok. just delete full load queues only. delta one keep it. load delta loads to bw targets(using delta info packs). Even though if you get memory issues, pls share the error.

Thanks

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Missed or ignored reply?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok ram thanks for your reply , i wil be deleting full load queues.

why should i load delta loads to bw targets ? because every day daily running process chain has successfully updating daily delta right? i did not understand pls clarify me.sorry for eating your brain,

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you said delta queue at SMQ1,  SMQ1 was clear by running delta related jobs/info packs.

If you won't run now also no issues. As per your schedule(process chains/jobs) delta records will mve to bw side on next run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ram,

my final question ,

the above mentioned se38 program will have date perimeters right?

if i delete until 2012 is there any problem?

and one more thing , actually the daily running process chains are updating the data loads but again what is the necessary to have this delta queues here in SMQ1?

thanks for understanding.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if i delete until 2012 is there any problem?  No problem

SMQ1 -Always filling whenever changes are happening at source, those automatically will be there at SMQ1, that's why we never delete queue's at SMQ1. Need to load/schedule to move further.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope this link is very helpful for you. this is related to SMQ1 deletion in CRM.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1904560

Regards,

SM

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

It is not advisable to delete the outbound queue manually. You should always clear the queues but not deleting. You can clear the Queues by running update jobs to move data from outbound queue to RSA7. After that run delta infopackage in BW for 3 times till you see no entries in SMQ1 and RSA7.

Regards,

Suman