cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between Integration server and Integration engine?

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

This may be a basic question but many have questions on this.

What is the difference between Integration server and Integration engine? Are they same?

Where does Integration server reside? In Java stack or ABAP stack?  In integration server nothing but the J2EE server where adapter engine resides?

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Integration Server is on a dual-stack system (ABAP & Java): It exists of the Advanced Adapter Engine on the Java Stack and the Integration Engine on the ABAP stack. Depending on the technical adapters used, either the Integration Engine or the AAE or both are involved.

On a Java only PI system there is not Integration Server anymore, since ABAP stack is not existent. Only an AAE is available.

Best Regards

Harald

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Integration Engine,Adapter Engine and Business process Engine all come under Integration Server.

These are runtime components.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e1/0c733cb7d61952e10000000a11405a/content.htm

Did you search in google before posting this?

you can find many links.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muniyappan,

Yes i did my research on Google but did not get any clear answer. Many places integration server and Integration engine terms are interchanged. Thats why the confusion.

I think you answer is wrong. How is it possible for integration server to contain both integration engine as well as Adapter engine since integration engine is in ABAP while adapter engine in Java?

Is integration server an ABAP application sever which contains integration engine and BPE?

Kindly explain.

Thanks

Gopal

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Is integration server = integration engine?

So you mean integration server is an application server which is available in both ABAP as well as Java?

In that case, for dual stack instance, there will be two integration servers? One for ABAP and the other for JAVA.

In case of single stack, there will be only one integration server that is for Java.

Is this correct?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is integration server = integration engine?

It isn't the same, the integration server contains the integration engine

In that case, for dual stack instance, there will be two integration servers? One for ABAP and the other for JAVA.

No, there is one integration server, their components are the java and abap engines.

Regards.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check page no 96 with topic 14.1 SAP NetWeaver PI Architecture and Tools

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8078cff3-e045-2c10-9bae-abf0ca504...

Yes i did my research on Google but did not get any clear answer. Many places integration server and Integration engine terms are interchanged. Thats why the confusion.

but i could find some.

http://search.sap.com/ui/scn#query=integration+server+and+integration+engine&startindex=1&filter=scm...

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member