cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the old price in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement .Company is having the own Brandstores which will sells the accessories to the Customers.From Manufacturing Plant to Brandstores they will do stock transfer.there will be price change of material in every two months.

for example: on 1st  september brand store is having material A stock of 1 quantityand price (MRP Sticker)=1000 for each Quantity.suppose if i create order for 1 quantity  system picks the price as 1000 rs.

on 3 rd september brand store received stock from plant of material A of stock 1 quantity and price MRP Sticker=1100 for each quantity.

lets us consider on 4th september , customers came  to buy material A of 2 quantity.When i create sales order as per the Configuring system will pick the price  for 2 quantity as  2200(but in that 1 quantity will have MRP sticker of 1000) Customer will Question the manager why we are selling at more than the MRP Value.

I suggest the client to make the MRP condition as Manual, so that at the time of sale user can enter the price.but client is saying that user can enter less than the MRP Price. I suggested we will give lower limit and upper limit to the MRP Condition type so that user cannot make the price change beyond the limit. but client is asking for automatic Price Determination. Kindly Help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Since you mentioned about handling the situation at POS, we handled the same situation in this way. May be it can give you some clue.

Whenever we receive the same product with different MRP, we use to generate an internal barcode in article master. We have to paste this new barcode to the old stock still lying in store. So by assigning the old article a different barcode, POS can determine the relevant price. It had little manual work of pasting the new barcode on old stock, but looking at the frequency of such scenario, it is manageable.

Let me know if you need more clarification in this approach.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I dont have solution for  this , just my thoughts.

Changing the pricing date also requires manual work. If POS enabled, then the dates can be automatically captured.

Hi All,

Can this problem be solved using batch determination ?

Regards,

Manoj

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear rakesh

i am agree with moazzam zee , you can change price date Header level  or item level in sales order

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

You can achieve your requirement through Price List based on specific criteria (for Price Differentiation).

Please add Price List in your access sequence.If your company have IS Retail Module it will easy maintain Price List other wise can find some work around.

Regards,

Ajit K Singh

former_member662097
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

You can change material price as per pricing date in sales order. If you want to change all material price in a sales order than you can change price date on header level.Here material price will update as per material price condition record (VK11/12/13).

Regards,

Shatrughan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Tomar,

Thanks for the reply, I alread Suggested the same thing. But user is asking for automatic Determination of price.

Regards,

T. Naresh Babu

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

Currently I have one suggestion for you in my mind. Why don't you ask your client to change pricing date in line item Sales tab? With this if material A has two different prices on two different dates, system will determine its price based on that particular pricing date. You don't need to make MRP price condition manually and price will be determine automatically.

Now in this case if client asks you what if user change pricing date to two months or six months back when price was very low then keep an answer in your mind which mostly consultans have

Thank$