Did you mean: 

Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to utilize the parameter 'Msecs to Wait Before Modification

Check' on a sender file (NFS) adapter to prevent SAP PI from reading

files that have not been completely written to the folder (for a

critical BCM->SAP PI->Swift Partner Scenario).

My problem is that this parameter that is listed on the SAP help is not

there when I selected the "Advanced Mode" in the Communication Channel

in integration Directory. I can only see the Maximum File Size

parameter.

I have SAP BASIS 7.11 Software component in ESR and, I have tried to search the parameter in the Adapter Metadata

for “File” adapter in ESR, software component- SAP BASIS 7.11., and it seems that it is present in the Structure. Still i cannot see the same in the File Communication channel in the Integration Directory.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vishal_javalkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Refer the thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/1882111

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any idea what should be the value of "Msecs to Wait Before Modification  Check".

I understand its scenario defendant, still what should be in ideal case. The files in this scenario are very small, and my OS is windows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as mentioned by you, it is scenario dependent (nothing ideal in this case). 1000 Msecs = 1 Sec, so you can judge or may be based on trial and error. However, an alternative way is to have a script to rename files and then pick the renamed file by PI. renaming will not happen until the file operation is complete and PI will pick only the files with specific names (renamed by script) which avoids conflicts.

Regards

Vishnu

vishal_javalkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

If the files are small than around 5 seconds should be good enough. However even can try couple of test if it works. Ideally you try to tune in a manner where the next modification check should pass and process the message.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor

Answers (0)