cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in BOM dependency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am a SAP user in a seating manufacturer and I am trying to get a component ROOT in my BOM by exception.

Example:

When I choose CHAR Backrest = RED and CHAR Seating = RED then I expect a RED box as a result

When I choose any CHAR Backrest color <> CHAR Seating color then I expect a GRAY BOX as a result.

For the first line, it´s OK. But how can I write my dependency to get the result on the second line?

Sorry my brazilian english !

Alexandre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

Create a selection condition as CHAR Backrest <> CHAR Seating & assign this to the GREY Box.

Whenever the values don't match for both the characteristics, system will select the Grey Box.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alexandre Silva,

I assume you are using super BOM and all seats , colour and Boxes are present as components in BOM and you are using Dependency selection condition to pick specific components.

Now when you say when colour and type matches you want same Box and when its doesnt matches you want a Grey box as default.

When I choose CHAR Backrest = RED and CHAR Seating = RED then I expect a RED box as a result

When I choose any CHAR Backrest color <> CHAR Seating color then I expect a GRAY BOX as a result.

For the first line, it´s OK. But how can I write my dependency to get the result on the second line?

I can see a variant table & selection condition can coverthe requirement.

Create a variant table using  CHAR Backrest, CHAR Seating, CHAR box

first 2 characterstic will decide value for characterstic BOX.

CHAR BackrestCHAR Seating CHAR box
REDREDRED
REDYELLOWGRAEY
YELLOWREDGRAEY
REDBLUEGREAY

check below link to see how to create variant table

LINK for TABLE

Create selection condition for example, $SELF.BOX = 'RED,  $SELF.BOX = 'Greay', etc and assign at specific component level.

Check and reply.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh