cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy Cancelled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have done client copy (120 to 110) in the same instance (in SCCL with profile SAP_ALL)

after running couple of hours .it got cancelled in the post processing phase. Can we rerun the copy from the point where it stopped ?? or do we need to run it from beginning ?

please let me know..

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Client copy finished successfully after re running it. It did not continue from the point where it stopped.

it ran from the beginning.

The reason behind cancelling the client copy is SAP NOTE 1754066 was not implemented before. My software component version (SAP_BASIS) is 7.31. so i implemented NOTE 1754066 (through snote) which corrected/Resolved the issue. simultaneously i also increased the value of the parameter
rdisp/max_wprun_time from 600 to 2000.

Executed client copy again with dialog user which has (SAP_ALL) authorization. then it was successful.

Thanks,

Kiran

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we have same problem with local copy or client transport in posting process(SCC7)

and note 2267684 has fix the problem now.

share to all.

abk07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I don't think client copy can be 'resumed'. Anyways post the logs so that we can analyze the issue.

Also, is your database running on the latest patch?

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please post the log where it failed. If you can restart the copy it should show you in the sccl.

Copy can be restart at certain stage only . Please past the error log for more info.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You need to run it from beginning.

I think you started Client Copy in dialog mode.

Always perform client copy in background mode only.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

No. I ran the job in background mode. is there an option to continue the client copy from where it stopped ? and can i run the job with the dialog user with SAP_ALL role ??

Kiran