cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS Connection Pooling in PI JMS Adapter ?

vishal_javalkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi PI Experts,

I am looking for a solution to limit the number of connection created by SAP PI JMS adapter on the MQ Queue Manager. I have observed for JMS Sender adapter a static connection is hold by the sender channel on the MQ queue. Also, each channel holds a connection on MQ queue per java node.

The MQ Queue Manager is having a limit of x number of connections based on the memory /CPU etc. Hence , considering these limitation I want to restrict the number of connections created by PI JMS adapter on MQ.  The number of JMS channels in our landscape are  large and could soon surpass the maximum number of connections allowed on the queue manager.

Is there any way / tuning parameters we can set JMS Connection Pooling parameters which can limit the number of connection on the MQ ?

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mike_sibler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

an improvement in this area was shipped with Note 2053223 - JMS adapter connection pooling and connection pool monitor.

With this you will be able to share connections for different JMS sender and receiver channels that connect  to the same queue manager. With this you should be able to reduce the number of connections significantly.

For more details please refer to the Note.

Best regards,
Mike

Jean-Philippe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing the same problem. Is someone found a solution ?

Thank you in advance for help.

Jean-Philippe

0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Did you ever get a chance to figure out a solution? We are currently facing the same issue. Is there a way to reduce the number of HTTP connection on the MQ end for Sender JMS adapter?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks!!

Harpreet