cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transitioning to become an SAP consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am interested in becoming an SAP consultant. I received my Bachelor in Accounting and Masters in taxation. I got my CPA license in 2003. I am currently enrolled in a prep course for the certified associated in SAP FI. I understand that certification will not guarantee me entry in the field, but I would like feedback/insight from other consultants as to what I need to do or learn to get into the SAP field.

Any suggestions as to what other modules I need to lear/got certified in? ABAP, BW, BI, SAP Financial consolidation, etc....?

Thanks everyone.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

Since you have done a Bachelor in Accounting ,I Suggest you to go for SAP FI and SAP CO..Good in Abroad ...as well in India....

Regards

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

Its always great and an advantage to have exposure/experience in the domain. But before you make a choice, you should decide what area do you want to be in?  Technical or Functional.  As you are from the Finance background, I would recommend you to opt and start with the SAP FI-CO module and later on may be have your hands on or learn ABAP/BI so that you can become a Techno-functional consultant.

Getting certified definitely adds value to your professional resume, but not in fetching a job in the market.

I would suggest you to have a look on http://scn.sap.com/community/training-and-education/certification/blog/2013/07/03/how-to-transform-y...

Warm Regards,

Chris Varghese.