BACK RFC to Solution Manager not available in Task Creation Request Session Data in Satellite SDCCN
Hi SOLMAN Experts,
I am trying to configure EWA Report for a back-end system on Solution Manager 7.1
I have nearly completed all the requirements and I am almost done with the setup but I think I am stuck hard now and would appreciate the required kickoff.
I have completed the following tasks in order:
1) Latest ST-PI, ST-A/PI are patched on Managed System
2) Hourly Collector Jobs are running on Managed System along with the SAPOSCOL/HostAgent
3) RTCCTOOL requirements have been implemented successfully and everything is Green
4) Managed System is added to the Solution Manager's SMSY via LMDB via2 SLD
5) SDCCN is activated on the Managed System
6) BACK RFC (To SOLMAN) is present in Managed System's SDCCN and works Fine. SOLMAN is set as Master System
7) On SOLMAN, Managed System is added in the SOLMAN's SDCCN and SOLMAN is also set as the Master System
8) On Managed System SDCCN, Task 'Refresh Service Defintions' has been run once successfully with RFC as BACK (To SOLMAN)
Now the subsequent steps as per what I understand are:
1) Create a 'Request Session Data' Task in SDCCN of the Managed System for Periodic EarlyWatch Alert which will collect the Data and send it to Solution Manager
2) Final and Last step, in SOLMAN Activate the EWA for Managed System under SMWorkCenter--> Sys Mon--> Setup --> EWA Config --> Config for Single Solution (Single Solution containing that Manged System has been defined)
Now, regarding point 1, when creating Task 'Request Session Data' for Periodic EarlyWatch Alert, in the SAP RFC Destination field I should select the BACK RFC (To the Solution Manger) so that the Data can be sent to SOLMAN. But I can't see any other RFC available other than RFC NONE as shown below
So what did I miss here?
I have checked the RFC Destinations, the respective BACK RFC i.e. SM_<SIDCLNT>_BACK is present in the Managed System and works fine.
I also checked the RFC Destinations entry in the SDCCN (SDCCN > Goto > Settings > Task-Specific > RFC Destination > Settings ) of both the Managed System and Solution Manager System. The master system flags are also in place. Below are the SDCCN RFC Settings:
LES is Managed System; LSM is Solution Manager
In Managed System (RFC to Solution Manager is defined as required with SOLMAN set to Master System)=>
In Solution Manager System (RFC to SAP [SDCC_OSS] Defined and no Master flag as this is the Solution Manger system)
Please let me know, what did I miss and how to get through this?
I didn't find any standard guide or procedure to set up EWA in Solman 7.1, yes there were best practices guides but that was of SOLMAN 7.0/7.01 and couple of things have changed now in 7.1 so I have just followed everyone's experience and posts on SCN to get EWA working. Hope the steps I have carried out are correct ones and are in correct sequence.
Please let me know.
Suhel Khan replied
Their is nothing wrong with the configuration of LES SDCCN. You are trying to generate the EWA for LES from LES itself, which is not allowed. The request for EWA for system under monitoring should come from solman. Thats the reason, you are not able to pick up back RFC in pop up while creating the EWA request. However if you want to send the EWA to SAP the you can use the SDCCN of system(LES) and pick up the SDCC_OSS rfc from pop up.
Now to send the EWA to solman
1) in solman, access the solman directory with tcode solman_directory and choose the solution in which logical component having your system LES is present. In right hand scrren, go to logical component in which your system LES is present and right click on the relevant cell(where LES is mentioned) and choose 'Put in solution'. this will turn the cell GREEN.
2) Create the EWA task for LES in the EWA setup via System Monitoring workcenter(in solman) or just by activating it via SOLMAN_EWA_ADMIN in solman
3)in LES system SDCCN execute- Maintenance Package: schedule this task to run daily. Within this task many others are triggered. A very important task triggered by the main-tenance package is task "Refresh sessions", which will read the EWA sessions created in the solution manager in order to find if there is an EWA session for the system LES. If a matching session is found then the refresh sessions triggers the creation of the EWA data collection task in the managed system LES.
With the SDCCN working the process should be performed automatically until the data is processed by job SM:EXEC SERVICES in your solution