cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1-PI-Third party ticketing tool integration

0 Kudos

Hi SCN folks,

We have SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP08. SAP ERP 6(ehp6) is connected to solution manager for alert & monitoring via tehnical monitoring(system monitoring) scenario. Further Alerts will be converted to incident based on the priority and thresholds; which works as expected.

Now, this alert incident will be sent via xml to SAP PI which PI will deliver to third party ticketing tool (TRIOLE) for new ticket generation. Later on status update(Sent to External System/Open/Close) in third party ticketing tool ticket will be received by solution manager as xml file, where SAP PI acts as middleware.

I need an advise on 1) connecting solution manager to SAP PI for building and sending alert incident as xml file, where later on solution manager will receive xml which updates alert incident status.

If this is done by anyone before, please share technical specification or thoughts.

Need to mention, i am currently refering to 1) SAP SM 7.1 Service Desk WebService API 2) 3rd Party Help Desk Interface, However if some one has scenario specific (Solution Manager 7.1-PI-Third party ticketing tool integration) setup done already please clarify.

Thanks & Regards,

Rupesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hell Luis,

Can u please send the above documents , unable to view the links

Thanks,

Rahul Yedapally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul

Did you managed to implement the integration to the 3rd party tool. Even I am also trying to build the prototype to send Alerts to the 3rd party tool through Webservice.

If you have any further infotmation, please share it...

Thanks & Best Regards

Satish.

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Any ideas on this ??

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rupesh Modi , i try to integrate solution manager with a external ticket system, OTRS, OpenBravo and Zenddesk just for test the integration and the only that i get was headache

I can't give you any recommendation about consideration, but, why you send the incident to PI and then to third party ?

Here are some links from document that i collect, that hope that can help you much thant me:

Best regards,

Luis