Did you mean: 

Shift dates in Scheduling in sap PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

faceing some problem in date scheduling the scenario is:

suppose i have a network with 5 activities

act1 - has FS relation with act 2. its actual date is 01.08.2013

act2 - has FF + 10 days relation with act 3. it is confirm and date is 09.08.2013

act3 - has FS relation with act 4.and schedule start date is 17.08.2013 and schedule finish 22.08.2013 (09 + 10days + holidays)

act4 - has FS relation with act 5.and schedule start date is 23.08.2013

act5 - activity is not confirm

now i am scheduling on 24.09.2013. and i want that system should adopt start date of act 3 as 24.09.2013. or whatever be the activities which were schedule to start before 24.09.2013 and not yet started should take start date as 24.09.2013.

for this i used shift date in project planning board. I expand the structure then i select the Project definition then Edit -> shift Date -> project. and i enter start date as 24.09.2013. the system schedule and display the dates but the date on activity 3 is not getting 24.09.2013 its getting 30.09.2013.

where as in another case if i use relation as FF only the at that time i am getting 24.09.2013 as a start date there i am getting properly.

1. why this is happening like when I use FF+10 days relation system is not giving desired result whereas if i am using FF i am getting required result ?

2. if i shift dates and save it i am getting the shifted dates but when i reshedule the project i am getting the old dates. why?

Please suggest.

Regards

Dheerendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dheerendra ,

without a detaled look at the constellation, it is difficult to make a meaningfull statement. But the consulting note 683940 should give you some hints.

The shift date functionalit is nothing else to change the WBS and network header dates. But if the activity has some constraints or actual dates, which prevent it be moved. If the roll-up for bottom up  scheduling is done, the WBS or Network get their old dates again.

Regarding the actual dates, there is modification 329745 to ignore the actual dates.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ken,

Thanx for your reply

i had checked in OPU6 (specify parameters for network scheduling) we had taken scheduling type as forward.

and i had reported a one actual date just to find the problem why it is happening.

had created a small project with all type of relationship, but for ex. when m using FF relation i am getting desired result but when i use relation as FF+10 days m not getting proper dates.

and we had large projects and because of this problem many dates are getting shifted to next year and after rescheduling we are getting old dates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you entered the Actual date was it a final or partial confirmation?  Confirmations can make the date calculations confusing.

Forward scheduling starts with the Start Date of the Network header and begins calculations there even if it is in the past.  I have usually used backwards scheduling because that is what users are familiar with.  Curretn Date scheduling is like Forward but uses today as the start date.

Also, on the offset in the relatiponship you can make it  apositive of negative value depending on which way you want it to go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very true, but in our case when we are using relation without any offset and say if i schedule it on 23 then in that case my expectation is that those activities which are not yet started should shift to 23 so as i can get the future dates as well as future end date of a project. and i am getting that.

but when i use offset with a relation and shift date on 23 and schedule then at that time the activities which are not yet started and suppose to start on 23 coz of shift date, those activities are getting shifted to some other future dates due to which m not getting desired result.

my only query is why this is happening in case of relation with offset?

as well when i reschedule it i am getting old dates. why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what the offset does.  It forces a gap betweent the activities.  You have put in a 10 day offset so it will push the activties into the future by 10 workdays.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In configuration for Network Scheduling Parameters (OPCV) make sure you have selected Scheduling Type 4-Current Date.

Confirming activities has a large impact on the date scheduling.  You have onlt reported one actual date.  Review the actual start and finish dates.  Actual dates are used like constraints.

Also refer to SAP Note 151551 for lots of help troubleshooting dates.