cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc_AAE receiver adapter -IDoc parsing error:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In the Java IDoc receiver channel i am getting following error.

I am speculating that the error is related to type mistmatch caught by Idoc adapter.

But from this error i am unable to understand which segment it is. The IDoc adapter audit log should tell exactly the error is.i even checked at 12597 position but no help.

Do anyone know how to debug this?

IDoc: Error before sending due to IDoc parsing error: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type <SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT202>:
state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=12597, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=12598

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

javier_alcubilla
Contributor

Hi Biplab,

Have you checked the log viewer at the message monitor? Usually you can see the field that is facing the problem o the format error

Regards

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may have to check the below things:

1. All attributes mapped with constant '1'.

2. IDoc type, Message type & Extension(if present) are populated correctly.

3. As Amit, Ambrish & others advise, check for incorrect format of date etc.

If possible provide us the output IDoc payload here.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biplab,

You might run a cursory check looking for data errors like date format or character field filled with numeric value and vice versa.

Sometimes resolving this error is a tedious exercise. You might also try sending messages by deleting segments and checking if it passes and try to narrow down on the segment which is causing failure.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

thanks for your reply. I know that this error is caused by wrong data format.

But what i am asking here is - is there anyway to find the exact segment which has wrong data.

Otherwise we need to test the complete Idoc which is very very time consuming.

SAP should name the Element/Segment name where it errored out.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya I agree...but it is not displaying the correct segment now...

i have faced the similar situation, i use to verify before 10 field values also and resolve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IDoc parsing issue will generally come while sending the wrong data format in the IDoc.

For example, sending string value in the integer field.

Cross check the field data types in IDoc metadata definition and populate the values accordingly.

Don't fix to the charposition shown in error. Check fields value before the position showed in the error.

Regards,

Veerendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Make sure you are not sending dates in wrong format?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava