SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change MAKT data after the description for Variants has been Created using characteristics.

anurag_keshan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

When calling the BAPI for creating articles :

• We are calling the BAPI 'BAPI_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT' to greate generic and variants together.
  • In the BAPI we are passing MAKT description for the Generic alone. The description for the variants is generated automatically by SAP by concatenating the generic text and the description of the Characteristic Key.
  • We have a requirement to change MAKT data for variants after the description of the variant articles is build by Standard SAP using characteristics.

Can somebody help us to identify :

• BADI/User-exit for changing MAKT data after all the descriptions are build but not saved to database.
  • Source Code where we can implement a Enhancement Implementation to change MAKT.

Thanks

Anurag

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get an answer on that?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I found out the solution to this 🙂

Please refer to the BADI : 'BADI_ARTICLE_REF_RT'.

I used method 'REFERENZ'.

All the best !

0 Kudos

thank you!!!

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a similar requirement.  My requirement is to delete "unwanted" characters from the generic article description at time of creation.  I am able to use the REFERENZ method to also remove these "unwanted" characters from variant articles, however, the generic description is not being passed in BADI_MAKT table parameter. Therefore, I don't have access to change the generic description.  Do you know of any enhancement or BADI method that could work for the generic description? Thanks!