cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed to attach Date Search Help for customer field - HR Portal - Leave Request Screen

former_member609120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have added a customer field on ESS Portal using configuration. This is on Leave Request screen. The screen is created in FPM.

Issue is we want to attach calendar search help to the custom field "Date of leaving country " since expected input is a date. By default through config, these custom fields are of CHAR 20.

I tried using method IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM~GET_DEFINITION of feeder class CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF and ( in debugging ) passed the value for DDIC_SHLP_NAME for the row with our field name CUSTOMER02.

I tried passing values of existing search helps EXT_DATE and BU_DATE_CHAR. For the first one I get the F4 icon and when I select it says no values. For the second it shows the F4 help icon but when I select the same I get a runtime error - Exception condition 'CNTL_ERROR' raised

Can you please suggest if we doing something wrong or missing something. Would appreciate if you could guide us with steps or sample code to achieve this requirement.

Regards,

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

Can you not change the date element of the custom field to data type.

Regards,

Sahir.