cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact on CHARM & Service Desk after upgrade to SOLMAN 7.1 from 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have SOLMAN 7.0 and configured Service Desk and CHARM. As the support of SOLMAN 7.0 will be ended by this December, we are planning to upgrade our SOLMAN 7.0 to 7.1

Now question is: What will be the impact on existing CHARM and Service Desk after upgraded to 7.1??

Thanks and Regards

KLNR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please chekc the below guide from page ;21 for ITSM upgarde

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001276312011E

ChaRM -https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001056012011E.PDF

Normally after upgarde below upgarde process will take care

After upgarde also will use the old transcation type like SLFN ad SDCR ...

In solman 7.1 the ITSM and ChaRM using CRM UI , also SAP introduce new transcation type for ITSM

SMIN  Incident  (IT Service Management)

SMIS  Incident ISV (IT Service Management)

SMIT  Incident Template (IT Service Mgmt.)

SMIV   Incident VAR (IT Service Management)

SMPR  Problem (IT Service Management)

SMPT  Problem Template (IT Service Management)

ChaRM :

SMAD Admin Change Administrative Change without TMS

SMCG General Change Change of IT assets or legacy systems

SMCR  Request for Change

SMCT  Change Request Template

SMHF  Urgent Change with TMS

SMMJ  Normal Change with TMS

So after upgrade, copy all the standard t.type for ITSM and ChaRM and create the customizing t.ype liek Z* and Y* and do all the step method in the above fig.

Once the custom transcation type is configured for  ITSM and ChaRM

Block the old t.type SLFN and SDCR while creating the ticket or change request and set ZMIN and ZMCR is default t.type in SM_CRM screen.

Big task:

• Will give the training to the end user , techincal and functinal consultant for ChaRM 7.1 version
  • configuration and end user document for all the ITSM and ChaRM workflow.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Sorry for little delay in response as I am busy with some other tasks....

I have gone through few of the documents regarding the ITSM- AIM and found that "There is no automatic migration from 7.0 transaction types, but large parts of 7.0 customizing can be reused." and found that "Overview of customer configuration (for SLFN) which is compatible with the new transaction type SMIN (Please see the image):

But I want to know how to use the above reusable objects in new transaction type SMIN (ex: we have used ZFLN0001 status profile (which is a copy of status profile SLFN0001) for service desk configuration in SOLMAN 7.0 but in 7.1 new status profile is: ZMIN0001 (which is a copy of SMIN0001)

If I copy old status profile ZFLN0001 to new ZMIN0001, will it work properly??

And will get back to you on CHARM after reviewing the documents.

Thanks and Regards

KLNR

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there any information that SAP will end the support of the old transaction types?

Regards, Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In preview reply, plz check the screen.

After upgarde need to copy the new status and action profile( ZMIN0001) from standard transcation type( eg  SMIN0001) .

Dont copy the status profile ZFLN0001 to  ZMIN0001, if u copy it have same setting from ZFLN.

Plz use the latest transcation type like SMIN ...and also same for ChaRM like SMCR.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Maintenance of SAP Solution Manager 7.0 ends by end of 2013. already stated there wont be no functional enhancements on SAP Solution Manager 7.0.

@ LNR.

as per the diagram you attached with the statement compablity with SMIN means, not to copy your ZLFN001 to ZMIN001, if i understood cleary... its about whether SMIN would support the status profile SLFN001,this is supported so, you can use the status profile ZLFN001 in transaction type ZMIN and the other documents too. never tested in this usecase before.

and my storng suggestion to better get with new transaction type features, which has more features than the old one. Almost all listed in your above diagram has enhanced in SM 7.1, why we still stick to old, if you done any BADI workflow then the efffort is much for migration, else if we focused properly migration wont take more than a week, check out here

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi & Karthik,

You are recommending to use new transaction type ZMIN (which is a copy of SMIN) but if I don't use the old documents (status profiles, partner det., etc) then how will I get (retrive) my old customization after the upgrade to 7.1.

If I want to use new transaction type ZMIN (which is a copy of SMIN), I belive I have to do the entire configuration again, Please correct me if my assumption is wrong.

Thanks and Regards

KLNR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KLNR,

If u want to use new transaction type needs to copy and do entire configuration for 7.1 version again.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You mean to say, need to do entire configuration for AIM and CHARM If I want to use new transaction type. Is there any possibility to use the old transaction type objects (status profile, Partner Det. Procedures, etc) in 7.1? Because we don't want to do the configuration again as the CHARM went live in 2 months back only.

Thanks and Regards

Naresh Kasireddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K LNR,

Very simple , you can able to use the solman 7.0 EHP1 ChaRM configuration in solman 7.1 version also using the old way, but also make a note SAP Solution Manager 7.01 support end in Dec 2013.

If you want to use the soman 7.1 ChaRM functionalites , again needs to do all the configuration settings from first.

Rg,

Karthik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello K LNR,

The huge impact is that you will not able to copy/migrate/convert old SLFN transaction type from 70 to new SMIN/SMIV ITSM Incident Management, i know that for IM, but don't know about if is the same for charm transaction types.

if you need to copy old SLFN to SMIN you will need to create your own custom code for that.

here you will find more information about ITIM new transaction types on 7.1:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/ITSM+Homepage

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos