cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Connection in Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have two databases (in different servers) that have totally same architecture (tables,index, sp etc...). I am trying to make a universe ( multisource universe) that will manage to choose which connection that user wants to get the data, it will go that database and will retrieve the data. Assume that in Webi there will be a prompt and will ask users obligatory which server they want to retrieve data. That means, users will be able to choose connection in webi. Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Yakup

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you're on XI3 then the only way you'd be able to do it that I can think of is through a third party federation tool like Composite. Within the IDT, there is probably something that you can do involving @prompt functionality and a manipulation of the data source, probably in the Business Layer. Something like a derived table that is a union of both sources but with a mandatory prompt to force the users to pick a source. The key factor is how to implement that without impacting performance too much.

But if it's a full schema, that could be awkward. If I get chance, I'll have a read up on what the IDT does with multiple schemas and see what I can suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mark,

I am on BO 4.0, I have had the same ideas such as using union within the same tables, but I am sure that we will have performance issues at that time because some tables have more than 7-8 billion. But i ll give a chance to do it.

Thanks

Yakup

Answers (0)