cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Shipment Cost to Inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am executing a stock transfer process from one plant to another plant under same company code using stock transport order with

delivery and shipment. The A/C entry I want in this situation to be like this-

Stock A/c - Dr - 110 INR (Receiving Plant)
Stock A/c - Cr - 100 INR (Supplying Plant)
Freight Clearing A/c - Cr - 10 INR (Supplying Plant)

My configuration was done in such a manner that PGI is being done at the time of shipment completion and service PO is getting

generated automatically at the time of saving shipment cost document. My entire process flow is like this-

Stock Transport Order -> Outbound Delivery -> Shipment -> Automatic PGI during Shipment Save -> Shipment Cost Determination -> Service

PO and Entry Sheet Generation -> Goods Receipt.

I created one freight condition type ZFRT (DELIVERY COST) with Account Key FRA and Accrual Key FR1. In control data 2 tab, I checked

both accrual and copy shipment cost field. Also in, STO pricing schema this condition type is marked as active, not statistical. Apart

from that, in shipment item category I marked 'X' in settlement with G/L Account field. (If I mark this as delivery cost, the service

PO and entry sheet are not getting created at the time of shipment cost determination).

In OBYC, under FRA, I maintained Inventory G/L against valuation modifier VAX and valuation class (Debit and Credit). Under FR1, I

maintained Freight Clearing A/C.

Despite of above configuration, the freight clearing A/C entry is not getting determined. Could you please guide me in this process?

What are the steps left out in this scenario? Do you think, if PGI were being done at the time of shipment cost determination, this

scenario could have been achieved?

Regards,

Animesh Chakraborty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your above explanation, it is clear that PGI is done once the shipment is completed. But the shipment cost transfer happens later only.

As you are aware, in case of Intra company transfer, there wont be any accounting document generation at the time of GR. All the postings will happen at the time of PGI itself.

So I doubt whether your above requirement can be met using Std, SAP.

Check whether it will be possible to do the PGI after completing the shipment cost transfer.

Thanks,