Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSTALLATION OF NETWEAVER MDM 7.1

former_member186228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have installed Netweaver MDM 7.1 on Windows Server 2008. We have installed following components,

1. MDM Servers
  2. MDM Windows Clients

Now we need to install and configure Database. we are using MS SQL server 2008 Database.So please suggest how to install and configure DB with MDM 7.1.

Best Regards,

JITHIN M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jithin,

Welcome to SAP NW MDM.

Please go to sap service marketplace alias /installmdm . There, on the installation guides, there's a chapter 'Install Oracle and Create a Database Instance'.

After that please have a look into SAP MDM Console reference guide (below) of how those MDM repositories are under that Underlying database as well as connected to MDM server.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/71608566ae3260e10000000a42189b/MDMConsole71.pdf

Please let me know If require further Info.

Regards

Prateek

former_member186228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek,

I am following same document to install MDM. But there is no much information about MS SQL Server Installation and connectivity. Normaly by installing MS SQL Server it will create a user "SA". So I need to know while connecting to the repository whether we have to use this user. if yes what will be the initial password. I have tried to connect remote MS SQL server database. but it failing while connecting "Error: Invalid Login Credential"

Regards,

JITHIN M

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jithin,

First you should have a Admin rights to MS SQL Server and for checking whether its running or not

on top right lower you see a Server icon with a GREEN Color Arrow on it, if its RED Square mark then its not running. You have to run "Services.msc" and manually Start OR click on the Server Icon and then click Start. Then go to MDM Server & Start Manually then  you will be able to connect to the repository...

Hope you are able to open Console & mount successfully Server started,

Have you placed a ".a2a" file in C:\Program Files\SAP MDM7.1\Server\Archives ? your all unarchiving will be from the this path.

In MDM Console,When you right click on server and select "Unarchive MDM Repository" you will be prompted to a popup screen with fields "DBMS SERVER" (select) then click on Next & select the A2A file(repository) in "Archive" field and rename or keep the same name in "Repository name" field...

Hope this helps you....

Regards

Prateek

former_member186228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Prateek,

Please let me know how to install MS SQL server 2008 for MDM 7.1, I want to install DB on same machine. While running script for MS SQL Server installation It is telling Login is disable.Please refer screenshot.

Regards,

JITHIN M

former_member186228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks For your Support.

We have completed the MDM 7.1 installation and configuration successfully. We have completed this below steps.

1. Installed MDM Server with DB MS SQL Server is selected.

2. Installed MDM Client

3. Installed MS SQL Server.

4. Login to the DB using SQL Server Management Studio. with windows authentication. if login failes just open Management studio with Run as Administrator

5. Change the password of SA user and change Windows Authentication to mixed mode.

6. Connect MDM Server to DB using MDM Consol.

Regards

Jitihin M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Jithin/All,

I have to install SAP MDM 7.1 with MS SQL 2012 DB and OS is WINDOWS server 2012. Please help, from where to download the media files for it . It is not present under the SAP Netweaver complementary products of SWDC. Also let me know what are the components needed to be installed for it