cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Best Practices for improving GATP BOP performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Could you please let me know if the Best Practices for improving GATP BOP performance is the same across all industries or does it vary from one industry to another? If it varies, please let me know the best practices for improving the BOP performance of Automotive Industrry. Thanks in advance for the help and for your time.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi krovvi,

As rightly mentioned by Satish here there is no industry specific best practices for BOP run, though you can take few precautions to make it more accurate.

1) It is advisable to take BOP run during low activity hours, which will ensure of least amount of orders are coming into system at the time of BOP run.

2) If there is no such time like low activity hours then close ATP and Sales order integration model during BOP runs to avoid inconsistencies due to locking and forming of TQA.

3) Splitting the BOP run into smaller variants is a proven method and can improve on BOP results, again you need to consider if you have any time constraints in terms of availability of system for BOP run.

4) Keep close eye on TQA formation, CPP (if post processing is activated), CIF queues etc will help you improving accuracy of BOP results.

5) Deleting BOP logs at regular interval is a must as they occupy lot of memory space.

6) Parallel processing can help, but then you need to have sufficient work processes in place to allow parallel processing provide you with good results.

7) Also have a check on any enhancements you have in place (off-course if you have any), at times they consume lots of time.

Do let me know for any further query.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish, Sourabh,

Thanks for the help. Will do the above mentioned things while performing the BOP run.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi krovvi,

If you have got what you were looking for can you plz close the thread, so that others in community can refer this.

Rgds

Sourabh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srikant

GATP BOP performance can be improved by

1. Splitting the filter variant into smaller group. Running the BOP job for smaller selection of order items results into faster processing. As per my experience in the past, this has helped improve the BOP performance significantly.

2. SAP recommends we should delete backorder processing log entries regularly(/SAPAPO/BOP_DELETE report), in order not to burden the storage capacity unnecessarily and it might help BOP performance too.

3. Try implementing Parallel processing for BOP job. I have seen it reduced the runtime considerably but BOP results were not a clean enough with parallel processing of BOP. Proper caution needs to be taken.

4. Make sure to clear CIF queues before and after running the BOP jobs. And watch out status update of BOP job= "X"(Updated Ended) in BOP monitor.

There is nothing specific about industry with respect to BOP performance. BOP performance depends on how many line items it has to process and availability of system resources for data update, communication and data transfer between ECC and APO.

Hope this will help

Thank you

Satish Waghmare