Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using alternative PDS

former_member269053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have the following case, to produce the FERT001 I need to consume ROH001 or ROH002, for this reason I have two PDS one with ROH001 and one with ROH002

When I execute PPDS heuristic  the system generates production order for FERT with the PDS ROH001, but if on the date that the order will be executed I do not have availability ROH001 I need that the PPDS Heuristic or OPTIMIZER changes the PDS and takes the ROH002

Is this possible?

How I can do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I would suggest to check for Product Interchangeability process

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Arnulfo,

the PP/DS heuristic will use the alternative PDS if the planned order created with the first PDS is late. So you need to check for a given requirement if the creation of the planned order with PDS1 results with a lateness.

The optimizer does not change the PDS with standard settings.

However there is an order creation functionality in the PP/DS Optimizer.

For more information please see note 1155421.

There is also a new heuristic:

Multi-Resource
Scheduling Heuristic

Pasted from <http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm700_ehp02/helpdata/en/88/122c2c98044aeeb94633a51e989360/frameset.htm>

which works with alternative modes and alternative PDS.

FRank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnulfo,

for my understanding to select between different PDS in PPDS heuristics is only possible with the heuristics to create planned order (MRP), and they only change the PDS if the first PDS the planned order cannot fulfill the requirement on time, so the system switch to the next PDS even though it has a lower priority. But it does not check product availability.

For the scheduling heuristics the PDS cannot be changed, for this reason you need to use alternative mode instead of alternative PDS. But in this case you can only change the resource and does not match your requirements.

I didn't use the new functionality of the PP/DS optimizer to create planned order. Maybe using this one you can create and schedule the planned orders using the right PDS.

Did you try to use GATP to match your requirements?

I'm not familiar with GATP, but I think that the CTP or RBA could help you.

Regards