cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Monitoring extractors not working after ST-PI SPS8 Update

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys, after updating ST-PI SPS 8 for a Solution Manager 7.1 SPS8, some DB extractors stopped working and supplying information from the database

It says last measured value is from Sept 13th at the same time ST-PI was updated. I tried checking Extractors logs, for further information.

Its says Data connector no authorizations, but not sure if this is related to ST-PI update.

Any hint on what changed, bear in mind, with ST-PI SPS 7 was working fine.

I tried re executing managed system configuration, also reexecuted DPC Pull Jobs from Solution Manager Basic Configuration, but no luck

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you applied the central note for SP08?

Did you also run through solman_setup after the SP08 upgrade?

Did you also update the Java stack after the ABAP upgrade?

Under the management of the system, try re-running the DB extractor setup along with the automatic run; shouldn't need to do this, but it could resolve the issue.

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Only ST-PI SPS 8 was updated since Solution Manager stated it was outdated, previously it was on SPS 7

I download latest Central Note for 7.1 SPS8 which is version 11.

i have re-ran Basic Configuration.

Under Managed System, re-ran DB Extractor Setup which is green.

Also tried removing systems from Technical Monitoring and reassigning the templates

Still no idea what changed.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Technical monitoring won't change extractor issues, for future knowledge the monitoring builds off information from the extractors.

And I apologize I mis-read your post and thought you were having issues with the ST component.

On your Java side of SolMan what SP and patch level are your LM* components current at?  I have had odd issues with extractors running on a 7.4 Java stack and it was due to LM-Service SP08 patch lvl 02, updated to patch level 03 and metrics started working correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin Simois,

Please check the more detail in solution Manager Administration ->infrastructure ->Framework -> Extractor framework -> check any error status and check the log.

Normally the extractor collect the data from Diagnostic agent using via RFC . So this error says having no autorization. please check the RFC for managed systems.

Rg,

karthik

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys, now its getting worse.

After restarting basic configuration, managed system configuration and technical monitoring setup, its stating no Active Extractors

DPC Pull Core Extractor is not present on the Extractor Framework, which i dont understand since under Managed system configuration, all steps are on green

If you perform a search of Extractor DPC PULL CORE in your Framework, what do you get? since i have mixed results

If I perform a search it does not return nothing, but if i check under metric troubleshotting via System Monitoring, it shows the Extractor

Standard Search on Extractor Framework

Extractor Troubleshooting via System Monitoring

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LM-Service and LM-Tools SP and patch level?

Also I see that even though Authorization is being rejected it does have green status for the same date stamp, so it seems like some part of the extractor is functioning.

Also found this snote: 

7.0.490SV-SMG-SDD1896785Missing authorization check in ST-PI09/10/2013
former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Somehow its not displaying Extractor not Active anymoe, but now its back to

Then showed.

Data provider log of Data Provider with Work List Item ID A872282DCD86E3D897C7FD3E48907B09 error

When clickling on the action icon, it alternates red and green lights

I decided to grant SAP_ALL to SM_EFWK user, and extractor seems to retrive data as expected.

Under BW Reporting Framework, self check stated this error.

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Billy, that could be the cause

Thanks for that note, its seems one of the latest releases.

Im going to remove SAP_ALL to SM_EFWK user and see if aplying that note, it fixes the error

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting, have you looked at the solman_setup screen that creates/modifies roles for the SM_EFWK and verified that all of the roles are in the system and assigned to the account?

It would also be interesting if you loaded up tx 'pfcg' and reviewed the roles that solman_setup wants to assign to SM_EFWK as they may not of been generated for a profile and the user master might be inconsistent.

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Applied that note you mentioned but still the extractor fails with authorization errors.

SAP_ALL fixes the issue in the meanwhile. I will investigate which are the proper roles after updating ST-PI component.

As you can see, by granting further authorizations to SM_EFWK, DPC PULL CORE extractor show nothing but green.

Thanks a lot for your support, points granted.

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yeah, all the roles are assigned, and none was changed since it was working before applying SPS8 of ST-PI. It stopped working at the same time it was applied

So, there must be something wrong when applying that package, anyways, beware if SAP Solution Manager ask to update ST-PI component.

Regards!

0 Kudos

Hello,

just want to let you know that SAP_ALL is not needed. We had the same problem.

Adding authorization object /SDF/E2E to the user SM_EFWK fixed the issue.

If it will not be enough, turn on a trace for the user and missing auth. in ST01 for a few minutes and you will see what other authorizations are needed.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

I know it is late... but I had the issue myself and the official resolution is what you say but now in SAP Note --> 1899598 - Authorization object /SDF/E2E missing

Answers (0)