cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use event management (EM) to trigger SD billing process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to use event management (EM) to trigger SD billing process?

I'm thinking more specifically of ocean shipments where the incoterms may specify a change of ownership at either the departure or arrival port.  Can we use an EM event to trigger the billing and thus the revenue recognition once we have an update that the vessal reached the ...              more…

I'm thinking more specifically of ocean shipments where the incoterms may specify a change of ownership at either the departure or arrival port.  Can we use an EM event to trigger the billing and thus the revenue recognition once we have an update that the vessal reached the port?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_rumbach
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

from EM you can call any interface in ERP via RFC. This means triggering the billing in SD by calling the appropriate interface from EM would be possible. You may use a self-defined activity in the rule set to do so.

However, you are posting this question in the context of Transportation Management. Do you have a TM tracking scenario in mind, i. e. are you talking about a system laqndscape consisting out of TM, ERP, and EM?

In that case I would not recommend to call ERP directly from EM bypassing the TM-ERP integration. Instead the trigger should proably come via TM into ERP. I would recommend to have a discussion with the TM consultants in that case.

Kind regards,

Thomas