cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

learning XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to XI. I would like to learn XI on my own. I need to concentrate mainely on ABAP Proxy generation.

Do I need to have R/3 or ECC to learn XI for ABAP proxy generation ? or i can just mange with XI alone ?

Please suggest me as its very urgent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to XI. I would like to learn XI on my own. I need to concentrate mainely on ABAP Proxy generation.

Do I need to have R/3 or ECC to learn XI for ABAP proxy generation ? or i can just mange with XI alone ?

Please suggest me as its very urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Reddy

i learned XI by myself,even though it took me quiet a bit of time and i still dont know the intricacies of it but i can atleast work and think in XI terms.

ABAP Proxy is not generated on the XI server(Integration server)it has to be developed on another system which is usually R/3 system,when u generate proxy u need to write a small report as well,which has to be coded in ABAP.

so i guess having some hands on knowledge of R/3 and ABAP wont hurt

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Thx for your reply. Do we really need R/3 to learn XI ? forget about the Proxies but all other basic things in XI.

I am asking this becoz, <b>i am planning to take XI online access. If it is XI alone it will be cheaper It costs a lot if have to include R/3 access also.</b>

<b>Is it enough just take access only to XI ? and start learning !</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Reddy

even i took VPN connection in my learning phase and i had both XI and R/3,

see if u have to do any IDOC or RFC scenario then having a R/3 is a must coz u need to import stuffs from R/3,also u need to do some configuration steps for IDOC scenario in R/3 itself.

lemme know ur location so that i can help u out a bit more.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

KN,

Do we really need R/3 to learn XI ? forget about the Proxies but all other basic things in XI.

to learn XI it required but to practise with scenario say r/3 to XI you need r/3.

regards

sreeram.g.reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Reddy

check ur mail.

thanx

ahmad

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i><b>Do we really need R/3 to learn XI ?</b></i>

yes when u want to have hands on exp in idoc posting/rfc/bapi or posting data via abap proxy. else not req

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your views on XI. I will try to take access to both XI and R/3 then. Giving you points.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the follwing links will surely help you

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

Former Member
0 Kudos

KN

ABAP Proxy

look into this

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies - ABAP Server Proxy

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

Do I need to have R/3 or ECC to learn XI for ABAP proxy generation ? or i can just mange with XI alone

Yes you can prcatise with Xi servr for ABAPproxy. with different clients one acting sender other acting abap prxoy

regards

sreeram.g.reddy