cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOPZ End of Year Support Packs

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLMAN MOPZ is showing SAP ERP Enhancement Package 6 SP Stack 08 and we want to apply SAP_HR  6.04 level 65 and EA-HR 606 level 27.  These were released after Stack 08.  Is it possible to still use solution manager and create the XML file for use with SUM or do we need to manually download these components?  I need to know how to do it if it's possible.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You need to select them under the Technical Usages.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

Can you post a screen shot as an example of where you would select the Support Packs under "Technical Usages".  Thank you.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan

In step 2.1 (Choose stack) You need to select "Human Capital management" under Human capital management, if mopz detects that you have it installed that it will select the technical usage automatically.

Sorry for hijacking your thread btw.

Regards

Leo

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, you can do that. You can select HCM component during maintenance transaction and it will calculate dependency on other components and will calculate the queue.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I do not see where you can select HCM component in MOPZ?  I unusually launch Work Centers, then choose Change Management tab.  I already created a "New Maintenance Transaction".  Exactly where is this an option.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you will continue in MOPZ, then at one stage it will ask you to select Technical Usage, there you have to to select HCM.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you referring to getting the Technical Usages from Project?

Cheers,

Dan Mead

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not from Project. Please follow below link to download support packages.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/30/1fea80d9b44f5a88fc0038d3dabb76/content.htm

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In Solution manager while generating the stack it also give you the option to add more HR patches. to go to the latest once that have not been build in next stack.

See the below screen shot.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I am also trying to add additional HR support packs (up to EA-HR 27 and SAP_HR 65 ) on top of what MOPz calculates for the EHP6 SP6 calculation. I am able to add the additional HR support packs are per your screenshot with the Add HR packages option, and after adding them there is a prompt showing how many you added,

selecting additional HR SP for EA-HR up to 27

but when you drop down you cannot see the newly added support packages. As you can see it is only going up to SP 20 for EA-HR even though  I added up to 27 for EA-HR and 65 for SAP_HR

Anyway I continued and checked the xml file that gets generated afterwards and the added support packs arent anywhere to be seen in the xml.

Does this mean it will not be deployed as part of the stack? and you have to deploy it manually after the upgrade?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No i think that you can add it .

can you please try to create an xml file and by selecting all the patches like EA-HR 10,11,12.... also which are not selected in the first screen shot and then try to get the xml file.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I did select all hr support packs this time but it still doesnt make a difference. In the screen where you add the HR support packages it says

"

Select the latest HR support packages and CLC
packages.

You can deploy the selected HR support packages and CLC packages
optionally.

"

The word optionally is making me think that it doesnt actually get added to the xml file.

Adding HR Support packs

Drop down in the stack dependent selection

Section of xml file showing that added hr sps were not updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you read the below section you can get the files in the download basket and once you approve them you can download them also and keep in the same patch upgrade directory.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/EN/af/50658171124b94bfa8afc004ffe693/content.htm

It will pick up and calculate in the upgrade phase.

So you can change here 27 and 65 for EA-HR and SAP HR and it should pick up.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah I see, so you have to manually select it during the Support Pack Stack selection in SUM. So in actual fact the xml file does not get updated if you added the HR SP in mopz.

and It wouldnt have made a difference if I downloaded the HR support pack files outside of mopz, I would still have been able to select them during the SUM upgrade process.

Thank you very much for your help Rishi

Regards

Leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rishi,

I am running Solution Manager 7.1 Support pack 8.  I do not have an option to add "Add HR packages"!

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think that you are generating the stack.xml file properly.

Please check the technical system is maintained correctly in LMDB and you have selected the correct ADD on.

Have you selected the correct system?

We had this issue in old version but not in this one.

1781061 - "Add HR Packages" button missing in Maintenance Optimizer

Thanks

RishI Abrol