cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for RFID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I dont know if this is the right forum to post this question or not.

Plesae accept my apologies if I am at the wrong place.

Basically I have 2 yrs of SAP ABAP experience in normal implementations and rollouts and upgrades etc.

I am presently been offerd a position ina reputed organisation but will have to work on RFID. Training and all will be provided.

I have to work on CATAMARAN technology to integrate RFID within an existing framework.

What will be the role of SAP in all this?

Is RFID is related to Netweaver in any way?

I am honestly not sure about these technologies.

I am in delima whether to jump into it or not.

I know the descision has to be taken by myself and I ill be taking it however if you can please guide me about scope of RFID and its future prospects, it will help me.

I know its new technology and emerging technology etc but I want the practical answer about will it be useful to me for my career and also money wise.

I hoep to hear from you.

regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Your position now seem to be mine once. To quickly answer your questions:

For an ABAPer like you RFID will be a correct place if you are thinking for a change.

<u>What will be the role of SAP in all this?</u>

Commercial applications of bar code have extended to virtually every industry. SAP in 1999 came up with a product called SAPConsole. SAP Console helped in sending the Barcode data from scanner to SAP system. Typically scanned data form RFID based devices are translated and processed to backend SAP system.

<u>Is RFID is related to Netweaver in any way?</u>

SAP Console is now extended to MI with SAP NetWeaver framework. NW- MI is a part of People integration in NW stack. RFID solutions will need SAP Console & a Telent server. you can even think of working in MI technology, you will perhaps sit in middleware programming while generating tables, BAPIs, and BAPI wrappers.

s<u>cope of RFID and its future prospects,</u>

I see there is a lot of scope in SAP in Retail industry. there is one such doc which wil help you..have a look at it.

http://www.enowa-consulting.com/download/SCM-Dec-Garg-v1.pdf

hope this helps..I a working on SAP-Netweaver MI. this is a real good technlogy to work and also has a good market demand.