Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In process - production inspection

former_member240058
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

SAP help for 03 inspection lot --

With this lot origin, you must specify an order type when you create a production or process order. You can assign an inspection type to this order type in Customizing.

When the system creates an inspection lot automatically, it selects this inspection type if it is active in the inspection settings of the material master. If not, the system searches for an inspection type in the following sequence:

1.      Preferred inspection type in material master

2.  If the indicator for the preferred inspection type is not set, it uses the default inspection type

For my use, i have configured z03 inspection type and assign it to process order type ZP01

In material master QM view inspection type 03 is active.

As system does not find  inspection lot z03 active in QM view of material then as per point 1  ( if preffereed inspection type is set as 03 ) and  point 2 system (inspection type 03), system should select inspection type 03 which is active. But it doesnot create inspection lot.

Inspection lot is only created if inspection type z03 is active in material master.

Please could you inform me, if my understanding of sap help is right.

Sap help link -- http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/89/9bb43418e43b4ae10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mayuresh,

I read your question again from what I have understood since you use inspection lot origin 03, I would say that you have created an inspection type Z01 and assigned it to order type ZP01 in customizing. Correct!!

Your first query:

1. With this lot origin, you must specify an order type when you create a production or process order. You can assign an inspection type to this order type in Customizing

Since you have assigned Z03 to order type ZP01, you see inspection lots generating. Inspection lot origin 03 is not customized and also not assigned to your order type, you get no inspection lots.

Now coming to your next query,

1. Preferred inspection type in material master.
  2. If the indicator for the preferred inspection type is not set, it uses the default inspection type

Preferred inspection type works for the customized inspection types. Lets say you have created Z03 and Z0301 and assigned them to inspection lot origin 03. Here comes the variant into play, say variant for Z03 is 01 and for Z0301 is 02 (You can see the variant when you assign the customized the inspection types to respective inspection lot origin)

1. Preferred inspection type in material master.

You assign both Z03 and Z0301 in material master (both are active) and choose Z0301 as preferred one, inspection lot is generated.

2.  If the indicator for the preferred inspection type is not set, it uses the default inspection type.

You assign both Z03 and Z0301 in material master (both are active) and do not choose preferred for any of the two, inspection lot would be generated for Z03 only because its variant is 01.

I hope I have explained the scenario properly so that you can understand the behavior which is happening in your case.

Regards,

ntn

anand_shukla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mayuresh

1) First try with ticking Preferred  Indicator tick for Z03 inspection type in material master

2) if the first doesnt work please go to customisation

SPRO > QM> Quality Inspection > Inspection lot creation> Inspection for manufacturing orders > maintain parameters for process order >  Plant/order type combination >  PLanning Tab> Quality Inspection > maintain Z03 inspection

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayuresh,

Pl check if you have assigned the customized inspection type Z03 to inspection lot origin 03.

this need to be done to generate inspection lots. You can check this in SPRO settings.

Pl follow the following path and check

Quality management>> Quality inspection>> Inspection lot creation>> Maintain inspection lot origins and assign inspection types.

Regards,

ntn

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mayuresh

Check scenario by activating both inspection type z03 and 03 in material master and don't assigned inspection type z03 to order type. Then lot would be created only that inspection type which is marked as preferred inspection type.

regards

Manish

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per standard u can assign only one inspection type to inspection origin.Based on inspection origin system will create the inspection lots.So please check which inspection type (Z03 / 03) ru assign to inspection origin 03 .

former_member240058
Participant

Hi

We can assign multiple inspection types for orgin 03.