Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target URL for SOAP adapter

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on one scenario File-->SAP PI--->SOAP adapter(SAP BI). I have gone through some bolgs to integrate with SAP BI and came to know that we can send message to BI in the follwing ways 1) Proxy 2)RFC 3) SOAP adapter

As per my dicscussion with SAP BI team they want me to connect SAP BI from PI using SOAP adapter(webservice).

Here are my questions regarding this, Please help me on this:

1) They have provided the wsdl but I couldn't find the target URL on it. They are saying that they are not aware of the target URL. Please help me how to get the target URL.

2) In SOAP receiver adapter we have two message protocols one is SOAP 1.1 and the other one is XI3.0.  As I am not using the proxy here, I believe I have to use the SOAP 1.1. Please correct me If I am wrong.

3) Do we need any user that is created in SAP BI to connect from SAP PI to SAP BI?

Thanks in Advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Did you check in the WSDL for the tag "Endpoint URL"? This should be the target URL. If not, they provided you with the WSDL which doesn't contain the binding. Ask the BI guys where they have this WSDL file from.

2) Correct. XI3.0 is proxy, but you wanna use pure SOAP. Therefor it is SOAP 1.1

3) Yes you need a technical user to connect to the BI system (which needs to be mentioned in the SOAP communication channel).

Best Regards

Harald

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your helpful answers!

Finally I got the wsdl file with the target URL. In the wsdl I see request, response and Exception but I just want to send the request only and not expecting any response or exception back.

When I test this interface end to end, I am getting the error as below in SOAP communication channel.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: Web service processing error; more details in the web service error log on provider side (UTC timestamp 20130924204813; Transaction ID 523FCAAD81531E7DE10000000A4B0855)

When I tried to send the message from SOAP UI getting the error as below:

Web service processing error; more details in the web service error log on provider side (UTC timestamp 20130925014640; Transaction ID 523973D9C39818DBE10000000A4B0855)

Can any one please suggest me whats the cause of the above error.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check on BI side if all settings in transaction SOAMANAGER are properly set for the SOAP interface. In SOAMANAGER you also should check the logs and traces for more detailed infos regarding the error cause (as mentioned in the error message above "...more details in the web service log on provider side...".)

Best Regards

Harald

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I test this interface end to end, I am getting the error as below in SOAP communication channel.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: Web service processing error; more details in the web service error log on provider side (UTC timestamp 20130924204813; Transaction ID 523FCAAD81531E7DE10000000A4B0855)

When I tried to send the message from SOAP UI getting the error as below:

Web service processing error; more details in the web service error log on provider side (UTC timestamp 20130925014640; Transaction ID 523973D9C39818DBE10000000A4B0855)

Can any one please suggest me whats the cause of the getting error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already replied to your same answer above. Did you check all SOAMANAGER settings and the logs and traces?

Best Regards

H.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP PI,

has already answered your question. Only thing I can add here is that the XML tag carrying the URL may be different for you. You try opening the wsdl in a browser and use find utility to search for string <Soap:address> this might contain the URL. Again if you can't find any tags like this search for strings starting with "location" and "Https://". Ignore URL's in xlm namespace information.

The URL should indicate target server name. Inform your findings with the SAP BI team.

WSDL should contain the target URL unless SAP BI team is providing you the incorrect one.

Regards

Anupam

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open the WSDL in SOAP UI. If the endpoint URL is there, it will show up in SOAP UI.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A few cents,

SAP recommends the proxy usage for that kind of integration http://help.sap.com/saphelp_banking60/helpdata/en/9b/821140d72dc442e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards.