cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom ATP Category in APO PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have requirement where we want to diffrenciate between planned orders created  by Planning run or manually created by planner and Planned order created by Custom program/BAPI. Functionality wise  those orders should behave same like  Standarad planned order.

Is there any other way to differnciate planned orders apart from firming status and deallocated and scheduled orders? Can we have custom category in  APO PPDS? Does custom category works similar way to planned order? Is there any problem in integrating these orders to ECC. Does custom category gets included in all PPDS reports?

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I'll take a stab at it in a different way...Can you try to customize/enhance the field APO APPLICATION that shows up on each planned order. You can set it as External when the Planned Orders are created by ur external system (optimization). On similar lines, u should be able to set a value of ur choice reading that a Planned Order has been created manually. System sets PPDS as the value when Heur or CTP creates it.

This way, you'll not have to worry about the synch of the new categories with ECC, that u might otherwise create.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andy. I tried this this will work.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

What exactly the business users want to do by differentiating the planned orders created by BAPI?

As you are aware, the ATP Categories, Describe the various stock, receipt, requirement, and forecast categories in SAP APO. SAP APO includes a record of categories that represent MRP elements in the SAP ECC/ R/3 system. We can create additional categories for external (non-SAP) systems.

Have you explored any  field from the BAPI (Say at order header level) to update specifically to differentiate these orders as created by BAPI ?

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

Thanks you very much for your response. These orders are coming from local optimization system. So Planners need visibility of orders coming from external system after optimization. Problem is we can have fixed or firmed orders within this horizon which are manually scheduled by planners. I already checked fields available in BAPI but nothing I can use.

I know we can add non SAP categories What I want to know are there any further modifications required to consider these categories by  APO PPDS heuristics and order and resource reporting and also integrate these with ECC?

Regards,

Santosh