Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NwbcOptions NWBC4.0

kenny_vandemoortele
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We've just installed NWBC 4.0 PL10 and we still have a couple of questions about the NVWCOptions. It's important to know that we're working with a Portal Connection and Portal Roles with iViews. Could someone maybe help us out with following questions:

1) Can we specify a theme for each runtime connection in the NWBC? For example: theme A for the QA system, theme B for productive system, ... to make sure our users see the difference between the systems when they log on. (autologon = true)

2) Is it possible to have specific searchproviders for each runtime connection. For example production systems works together with production SharePoint searchproviders, and QA systems work with the SharePoint test searchproviders.

3) Our first search provider is "google". So when we look something up, then it first looks something up with google, then the NWBC favorites, and then the rest of the work area. But we want it to search first through our NWBC favorites, then the work area and last with google. Can we change this sequence?

4) We cannot set the attribute"ShowTechnicalNames" to True. Is this because we work with Portal Roles/iViews? Also, when we change the name of a favorite transaction, then the search does not recognize the new name for the transaction. It only knows the initial discription of our transactions (for example transaction description is "change order" and we change it to "IW32). Search does not recognize "IW32".

5) Is the search Case sensitive? Because if everything is entered uppercase it does not find anything, only an exact match or lowercase.

6) When we build up our favorite transaction list, can we add a map? Or is it only possible to add transactions from our work area?

Would be greatly appreciated if someone could help us out with these questions.

Kind regards,

Kenny Vandemoortele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kenny, and Chris,

1) Themes for Gui connections can be set in NWBC 5.0 - for portal connections, I'm not sure for portals theming in NWBC would be possible.

2) To achieve this, search providers have to be defined in the roles in case of ABAP connections, for portal connection I haven't tested this yet.

3) Yes, the sequence can be modified in Settings/Connections/Search Providers - or in C:\Users\<UserID>\AppData\Roaming\SAP\NWBC\NwbcOptions.xml, <SearchProviderConnections>

4) Please retest this with the latest Patch Level - I could not reproduce this behavior.

5) Please test this as well again with the latest PL.

6) What do you mean under "map"? In 4.0 only a list of transactions/urls/WD Applications/etc. can be added, Folders can be used in NWBC 5.0

Best regards

Melinda

Message was edited by: Melinda Ludanyi

michael_swistowski
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mrs. Melinda,

I wonder why my search Provider für Google is not working. When I search only SAP Transactions are listed. I tried already many things. The patch Level of NWBC 6.0 is PL5 (the newest June 2016).

My settings look like this:

and NwbcOptions.XML like this:

It seems that NWBC doesnt react to my changes in this file. The file is located unter: AppData/Roaming/SAP/NWBC.

Thanks and regards

Mike

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mike,

Please try this way:

http://www.google.com/?q={0}

This should work (we tested it )

Best regards,

Melinda

michael_swistowski
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Melinda,

Yes, it works! Well done!

Thanks and regards

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christopher_griffin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny

Did you get any answers to these?  We have almost exactly the same questions.  Particularly 3 and 5...

Chris

kenny_vandemoortele
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Unfortunatelly to this point, we did not get any answer to these questions.

- Uppercase / lowercase still is an issue

- We use mnemonics (shortcodes) for quick accessing search providers. so for searching sap: "s articles" and for google "g news"