cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE-XI-FILE problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

Hope I can solve my problem through one of you.

I am new to XI.

As suggested by many experts, I started FILE-XI-FILE.

I am able to complete total steps given by blog

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

. But I am not able to see the output file. Not able to forward single step in debugging this problem. Is there any way to start trouble shoot this problem? This is my first try after fresh installation. Is it because of any installation error ? OR do I need to do any settings after installation

Looking forward for your help.

Thanks

John K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The blog you followed is Part-1 in File-XI-File series. Also check that you have done the required steps in ID as mentioned in this blog:

<a href="/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2:///people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

btw, are you using File Content Conversion ? If so problem may be in content conversion, This you can analyse step 2 mentioned here.

1. Check out the Adapter Monitoring-: i,e Runtime Workbench (RWB)-->Adapter Monitoring->Communication Channel Monitoring.. Look for the Receiver File Channel. If it is green and status shows message processed then ,if you did not get the output file, then there may be a problem with channel configuration or access permission etc. For this you can check Visual Admin..error logs.

2. If there is no error in step1 , then go to RWB>Message Monitoring>Message Display Tool and check for the message..It will help you to analyse the errors.

3. Also check the status of SXMB_MONI .

Rgds,

Moorthy

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

believe this shud be helpful:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/29/e0194120ddf223e10000000a155106/content.htm">Mapping Fails for a Certain Message Type</a> and

troubleshooting guide: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bd5950ff-0701-0010-a5bc-86d...

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at http://service.sap.com/instguidesnw04 -> Operations -> SAP XI -> Troubleshooting Guide - SAP XI 3.0/2.0.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to summarize the troubleshooting:

1. check if any logs in sxmb_moni. Yes, the take the xml payload from there and test ur maping in IR

2. check ur communication channel monitoring in RWB to see if file is picked or not.

3. issues may arise also becoz of lack of authrorization to read/write from/to the file folder in ftp

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

john

are u getting any error message in sxmn_moni. if yes pls post the error log. or if us dont see any log then ur file may not be picked. to check this see the CC monitoring in RWB. Or u may also req to check the mapping.