Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quotation doc flow

former_member213901
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Process is : Step 1 : Creation of Quotation (VA21 -- document no 0080000028 ) -- >

Step 2 : Creation of Quotation referring another Quotation (VA21 -- document no 0080000029)

Step 3 : Creation of Sales Order referring Latest Quotation

Requirement : Sales Order Document flow should show only Latest Quotation (not Two quotations) in our case it should show only 0080000029.

We have worked on copying control, but could not find the exact settings to restrict this requirement.

Could be please help us to fix this requirement.Please find attached document for your reference.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rampe Venkatesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkatesh,

Lot of people having confusion related to this that why the first document is showing in the document flow as mentioned by you.

Let me explain you the functionality in detail.

The function "Create by reference" is not a copy function to create a similar document. It's more of a creation of SUBSEQUENT or FOLLOW UP document.

So if you create sales order with function 'Create by reference' with respect to Quotation, then it will definitely come in the document flow of order.

Check if you can make good use of VBFA-STUFE by modification.

Regards,

Bhavin Joshi

former_member213901
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all !

we will try with your Hints & and let you know the status.

Rgds,

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Using an ABAP program you can remove the reference in Second quotation before you use for creating an order.

The VBFA table has a document flow. So if you remove the reference from second quotation it will automatically not show in Sales order document flow.

You can try this.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

you can give a try to BAPI : BAPI_SALESOREDER_CREATEFROMDATA2 for creating sales order with reference to quotation.

Note the following parameters to be passed for using the BAPI.

HEADER

DOC_TYPE

SALES_ORG

DISTR_CHAN

DIVISION

REQ_DATE_H

REF_DOC "--> Quotation Number

REFDOC_CAT " --> *B* Document Category

Flags w.r.t parameters passed in Header structure

Partners: SOLD_TO

I don't have much idea about technical but here you can apply some logic of comparing the date and choose the latest quote for reference.

Also you can have a look on note 370988.

Hope it helps to solve your problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Jaydeep

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please search in Google before posting a thread here. Similar discussion is in the following link and I also agree with this discussion that this is SAP standard and we can't change it. Header level update cannot be stopped by configuration.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1716737

Thank$

former_member213901
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Moazzam,

Thanks for your update .

But as checked there is no proper input given  .Moreover i have tried with that Its not succeed.

Regards

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thats what I said, header level document flow can not be stopped with configuration.

Thank$

former_member213901
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please suggest ,how can i attain this requirement .Hence my client want to see only latest quotation which is referred for sales order creation.

Regards,

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no idea. May be some ABAP modification could help you in this but not sure. I don't think so this is possible but still wait for the comment of others may be someone give you some good suggestion.

Thank$

former_member213901
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Information.

Regards,