cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration for sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All Expert,

We have just implemented the configuration of "incompleteness procedures" for create the sales order.

It means after implementation nobody are allowed to create delivery note(VL01n) before assign the financial documents(L/C).

It is working fine and when they create the sales order the incompleteness procedures are activated.

But our merchandiser want to make 1% from total order quantity(10 YDS from 1000 YDS) they will create a delivery note to customer as salesman sample, and 99% of goods(990 YDS) should be under financial document(L/C).

Is there any way to find the configuration?

Can anybody share with me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Bishnu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bishnu,

In this case you have to create a custom report for delivery creation that will create 1% of your order qty.

In the logic you have to maintain 1% of the order qty as a mandatory.

Regards,

Rituraj..

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bishnu,

Based on your requirements I would suggest an alternative approach. Rather then assigning an Incompleteness Procedure you should add a piece of code in the User-exits which get called during Delivery saving. For example in MV50AFZZ in the Perform USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE.

The pseudo code can be something like this:

IF quantity is Less than or equal to 1% of the Order Quantity then continue

ELSE

Check whether L/C is populated or not.

IF L/C populated

Allow transaction

ELSE

throw error message

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

And if you want to prevent multiple 1% Deliveries then you can add additional checks into the above code.

Regards,

Shashi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bishnu,

From your posts, I understand the below process flow -

1. Create sales order for customer with 1000 qty.

2. In this order if a particular field related to Finance is blank, then the sales order is incomplete. Subsequent delivery can not take place.

3. Customer approves the sales order

4. The field related to Finance, in the sales order can be filled (with info related to customer acceptance)

5. Now the sales order is of 1000 qty. But 10 qty is free and the rest 990 qty should be in the sales order.

Is the above correct?

If the mandatory field can be put at item level in the sales order, then you could assign the incompletion procedure to TAN.

Free goods functionality could be used, 10% is free. The item category would be TANN.

In TANN, the incompletion procedure is not assigned.

In the free goods procedure, give a requirement that only after the mandatory field is populate, activate / give free goods.

For free goods, item category TANN can cover the creation of billing document or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

Thanks you Sir for your great advice.

sorry, it is not Free of charge, as this is the bulk order amount should be AR.

You meant I have to create the line item as below?

Item   Material       Order Quantity    Un     ItCa

0010  FAC028                        10     YDS  TANN

0020  FAC028                      990     YDS   TAC

Waiting form your kind reply.

Bishnu

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Sorry, it is not Free of charge, as this is the bulk order amount should be AR.

If it is not free of charge then follow my firs suggestion .

Tell me one thing ,after sending that goods to customer if in case ,he dont like your sample then what will happen ? meas you dont send remain goods to that customer right.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi naren,

we are talking only those are approved by customer.

If agree we will charge for goods the sample also.

Regards

Bishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

do you have any advice regarding my reply?

With B/Rgds

Bishnu

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bishnu,

The process and your requirement is not clear!

sorry, it is not Free of charge, as this is the bulk order amount should be AR.

What are the process steps?

From your posts, I understand the below process flow -

2. In this order if a particular field related to Finance is blank, then the sales order is incomplete. Subsequent delivery can not take place.

4. The field related to Finance, in the sales order can be filled (with info related to customer acceptance)

5. Now the sales order is of 1000 qty. But 10 qty is free and the rest 990 qty should be in the sales order.

Is the above correct?

What is the requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

Thanks for your kind reply.

Please see my answer marked as bold with underline.

Here we will delivery 10 qty to customer before assign the financial dox(L/c) and it should be accounts receivable.

4. The field related to Finance, in the sales order can be filled (with info related to customer acceptance) Here we will Assign the financial documents(L/C)

5. Now the sales order is of 1000 qty. But 10 qty is free and the rest 990 qty should be in the sales order. After assign the financial documents and if the production order is complete than we will make another 990 qty for delivery and billing.

Please advice.

Withe B/Rgds

Bishnu

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Here we will delivery 10 qty to customer before assign the financial dox(L/c) and it should be accounts receivable.

This way not possible until differentiate the Item Category.

Maintain manual item category TANN in assignments in VOV4 .For this ,manual item category ,dont assign incompletion procedure.In sales order ,try to change TAN to TANN and system wont ask you FD document then you can able to create sales order.For TAN ,assign incompletion procedure in VOV7. So,you can very well differentiate the process.

But 10 qty is free and the rest 990 qty should be in the sales order.

First of all ,try to create Financial document in VX11N in IDES why because in FD ,the field FD value should have at least some amount ( not zero ) In this case ,if try to create sales order with this FD the system can decrease that FD value from that FD doc for sales order.

Kindly ,let know if you need further guidance.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bishnu,

We have just implemented the configuration of "incompleteness procedures" for create the sales order.

It means after implementation nobody are allowed to create delivery note(VL01n) before assign the financial documents(L/C).

It is working fine and when they create the sales order the incompleteness procedures are activated.

1. For this scenario, incompletion at header level would not work.

Incompletion blocks the creation of delivery. Yet one delivery with 1% qty has to be created.

2. What I feel is to have a billing block at the header level in the sales order.

This can be done in VOV8, in the sales document type.

a. Sales order created for total of 1000 qty. This sales order has a billing document (autoamically)

b. This sales order has two line items -

- Line item 10: with 1% qty (10 qty), item category TANN

- Line item 20: with 99% qty (990 qty), item category TAN

c. Delivery created for 10 qty, with item category TANN

d. Customer accepts, and send the L/C number

e. Input the L/C number at the Sales order header level and remove the billing block from the sales order.

Also by enhacement (coding), when the L/C number is inputted by the user, the billing block will be automatically removed.

f. For line 20 create delivery and billing documents.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For sample it would be nice if you follow the standard process and create a separate free of charge sample order. For normal sale order you are doing well. If you want to assign incomplet procedure and also want to bypass it for some specific value this is not possible. Follow the SAP best practiceses which is sample should be given as separate delivery.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Moazzam,

Thanks for your great reply.

For sample order we are maintaining another order type. This is okay.

I understand your points.

Any other advice?

Thanks and B/R

Bishnu

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Create financial document with some amount ( 1% goods value ) that should be equal to sales order amount and try to delivery with ref of sales order ( you need to assign that financial document number ) .Now,if you want create delivery for 99 % goods then you need to maintain that goods amount again in VX12N and add one more line item in schedule line with quantity in sales order and try to create delivery with ref of that sales order.

If dont maintain that 99 % goods value in VX12N then you cant create delivery with ref that sales order.

Kindly let me know if want any further help.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naren,

Thanks for your great reply.

When we create the sales order the incompleteness procedures are activated, right?

look, after activated we can not make any delivery before assign the financial document. But here we have to delivery 10 yds from total order as sample(Free of charge) . After getting confirmation from customer we will process the financial documents for assign to sales order.

Did you understands my requirements? I need your advice.

Regards,

Bishnu

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

When we create the sales order the incompleteness procedures are activated, right?

Yes.

We can not make any delivery before assign the financial document?

Yes

We have to delivery 10 yds from total order as sample(Free of charge)?

Tell me one thing ,this free of order sample is having  amount or not ?.You are giving this sample to customer without any amount right ( free) If yes, then go by free of cost document type to process ( for this document type ,dont assign incomplete procedure ) and after performing that if customer is happy then go by normal process.

Kindly ,let me know if you want any further help on this.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

is the Sample delivery for free ? 

you can try to use the Sale BOM or Free Item for the Sample.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tan,

Thanks a lot for reply.

Actually  we need the delivery the 1%(10 yds) from our bulk order to customer as free of charge(sample delivery). One of our order type here we are now maintaining for sampling. But we need the sample delivery from the bulk order.

Please explain me the where I add the sale BOM of Free item for the sample in sales order?

Thanks in advance.

Bishnu