Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in decimal data type ws to rfc

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hava scenario which web service to RFC. There is a import value type decimal in RFC and created same type in PI. When we try to call webservice from .net the decimal field not being pass to RFC.

I changed type to string it works but the customer doesn't want it in that way.

Anyone has faced same problem ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Tahir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Problem is solved. After i changed occurence of decimal type to 1 then i able to get decimal value from c#. Its something about the c# because i can send with java and soap ui client while occurrence 0..1

Thanks all of you

Regards

Tahir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tahir,

I don't understand your solution.

I have the simular problem.

Could you explain it a bit more?

Thanks in Advance,

Benjamin

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Benjamin,

Provide occurence of decimal field "1" in data type.

Tahir

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

Are you using a middelware like PI?, you can do the transformation there and you won't need to do any changes in the .net application or R/3 RFC.

Regards,

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Yes middleware is PI. The sender parameter data type is decimal in PI same as RFC import parameter. My scenario is Webservice to RFC.

When invoke webservice from .net the decimal parameter is not appearing in XML sender logs.

I hope its clear now.

Regards

Tahir

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

decimal parameter is not appearing in XML sender logs

is the tag not appearing or the value inside the tag?. Try to check with SOAPui in order to know if the problem is in the .net applicattion or in PI. If you have the same problem with SOAPui, try to refresh the CPA cache.

Regards.

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Tag is not appearing at all. In soapui its working fine.

The problem happens from .net

Regards.

Tahir 

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

I'm not a .net developer, i can only suggest the Raja's blog about .net-PI integration http://scn.sap.com/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2011/09/28/how-to-integrate-net-microsoft-applicat...

and to check if in your wsdl you have the decimal full defined like:

<xs:restriction base="xs:decimal">

<xs:fractionDigits fixed="true" value="1" />

</xs:restriction>

May be it will better to wait another SCN member suggestion Goog luck!

Regards.

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

I appreciate your help Inaki, many thanks.

Regards.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If that field appears in soapui and not in the PI interface, my initial search would be to import the latest WSDL from the sender system in ESR of your outbound service interface.  Please check in ESR (message level tab or wsdl level and see whether that tag element and schema definition appears or not). Then please proceed. After update also refresh the cache or delete that export wsdl document and reimport again and see whether that helps.